Some news items you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: Transphobes in the UK are losing their minds because a transgender man is included in a new ad spot for a Braun razor (above). Note: trans men do shave…
• The Advocate: Missouri state Sen. Bill Eigel, a Republican running for governor, has vowed to burn ‘woke pornographic books’ if elected to the state’s high office.
• Twitter: Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) is so desperate to get the white authoritarian GOP to like him he’s now throwing striking union workers under the bus. “You strike, you’re fired! Simple concept to me.” Scott is currently averaging about 2.5% in the polls.
Tim Scott on the United Auto Workers strike:
“You strike, you’re fired! Simple concept to me,” pic.twitter.com/wfXibNWdb2
— Republicans against Trump (@RpsAgainstTrump) September 19, 2023
• Queerty: Australian basketball pro Corey Webster was apparently surprised folks were offended when he said the Pride flag makes him think of “mental illness.”
• C-SPAN: Five ultraconservatives just blocked House consideration of a GOP defense spending bill as Republicans inch the country closer to a government shutdown. Defense bills are something House Republicans usually can agree on.
214-212: In a major defeat for Republican leadership, the House just voted DOWN the rule that would have allowed it to pass a Pentagon funding bill. Five Republicans voted with Democrats.
Defense funding has typically been among the easiest things for the House GOP to pass. pic.twitter.com/VPu7BnM2LP
— The Recount (@therecount) September 19, 2023