Some news items you might have missed:
• Pink News: Kataluna Enriquez (above) made history when she was crowned Miss Nevada USA, qualifying her for the Miss USA pageant. Until last night, the competition had never had an out transgender woman walk the runway. While she didn’t make the final 16, she represented with pride.
• Washington Blade: The Canadian government on Monday introduced a bill that would ban the dangerous and harmful practice of ‘conversion therapy’ in the country.
• The Advocate: Fox & Friends hosts have suggested that the omicron variant was made to help elect out Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg as President.
A new day, a new conspiracy theory on 'Fox & Friends.' https://t.co/IY7bIBZqVl
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) November 30, 2021
• Italy24News: Johann Biacsics, an outspoken anti-vaxxer from Austria, died after contracting Covid-19. For days he tried to treat himself with bleach enemas.
• Washington Examiner: TV personality Dr. Oz announced he’s running for the U.S. Senate in an op-ed for the conservative Examiner. Along the way, he forgot to mention what state he’s running to represent and it’s not the state he lives in (New Jersey).
• GLAAD: “Changemakers” is a 4-part video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ small business owners and their impact within their local communities before and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The latest episode spotlights Black, Gifted & Whole , a non-profit which empowers young queer Black men by acknowledging, celebrating and affirming their whole selves.