Some news items you might have missed:
• The weather is definitely getting a bit cooler here in Las Vegas. You might need this (above) to help keep you warm, although I’m torn between the fur hat or the furry hunk 😉
• For #GivingTuesday – Facebook & The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million in donations to non-profits including the It Gets Better Project. Click here to donate on the official Facebook page and look for the “Donate” button.
• The Warwick Rowers are back with their 2018 charity calendar! Click here to order and you’ll be helping the hunky student rowers to end homophobia in sports and work for more LGBT inclusion. Watch the teaser video below.
• England, Wales and Scotland have changed blood donation rules for sexually active gay men as of today. The “abstain from sex for a year” waiting period will now be reduced to a shorter three-month pause, which is still ridiculous.
• A federal judge has denied the Trump administration’s request to delay enlistment of new trans troops beyond January 1.
• My longtime friend, Obie Award winner David Drake, has been named the new artistic director of the Provincetown Theater. David is one of the most talented people I’ve worked with in the theater (The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me; Pageant). Period. This is terrific news for the P-Town Theater. Congrats, David.
• The Shirtless Violinist, Matthew Olshefski, gives us the gay Star Wars love story we’ve been waiting for. Watch below.