Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: TJ Osborne (who came out last year) gave his boyfriend Abi Ventura a big smooch when country superstars Brothers Osborne won Duo of the Year at the ACM Awards Monday night.
— Lily The Cable Guy (@lilyblueyez) March 8, 2022
• AP News: House Republicans in Tennessee advanced legislation on Tuesday that would ban public schools from using textbooks or materials that “promote, normalize, support or address LGBT issues or lifestyles.” The Tennessee bill would apply to all K-12 public schools.
• Queerty: The gay dating app ROMEO launched a group called ‘Shelter for Ukraine.’ The group, which already has over 8K members, helps to “connect those who can offer shelter and assistance” to displaced Ukrainians during the ongoing Russia invasion.
Amazing article about our Ukraine initiative in @Queerty, showcasing our incredible community pulling together in the face of hardship.
Read through the link below 👇💙https://t.co/1CYkhbCP0R
— ROMEO (@PlanetRomeo) March 7, 2022
• Texas Tribune: A Texas appeals court sided with the parents of a transgender teenager rejecting Attorney General Ken Paxton’s efforts to allow an “investigation” into the teen’s parents because they are supporting the teen receiving gender-affirming healthcare.
• Axios: Russian bombing in the city of Mariupol in Ukraine has killed at least 1,170 people and destroyed a children’s hospital that also housed a maternity ward, Deputy Mayor Sergiy Orlov said Wednesday.
"Continuous Russian shelling" in Mariupol — a city of 430,000 — has killed at least 1,170 people and destroyed a children's hospital, its deputy mayor says.https://t.co/zZM3knIHlL
— Axios (@axios) March 9, 2022