Some news items you might have missed:
• Gayety: Get your first look at Fire Island, a modern day rom-com inspired by Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. The story centers around two best friends who set out to have a legendary week-long summer vacation with the help of cheap rosé and a cadre of eclectic friends. On Hulu June 3.
• The Advocate: A Chechen warlord and a close advisor to the region’s leader Ramzan Kadyrov, said to have been involved in the persecution of LGBTQ+ people, was reportedly killed in Ukraine as Russia continues its invasion of the country.
• Gay Times: LGBTQ+ activists in Ukraine fear ‘darkest times for queer people’ after Russia’s invasion. “It’s impossible to leave.”
"I don't know how to finish this day. I don’t know how to finish this hour."
GAY TIMES has spoken to three LGBTQ+ activists from the Ukrainian cities of Kyiv, Kharkiv and Mykolaiv about how Russia’s invasion is affecting them 👇https://t.co/rla1Rq2oUy
— GAY TIMES (@gaytimes) March 4, 2022
• Pink News: The student organizer of school walk-outs across Florida in protest against the state’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill has been suspended for distributing Pride flags.
• NBC News: A new study finds that while straight men face an educational crisis, gay men excel academically.
A new study found that on an array of academic measures, gay males outperform all other groups on average, across all major racial groups.https://t.co/NhVKbz0DP7
— NBC Out (@NBCOUT) March 3, 2022