Some news items you might have missed:
• How could I pass up sharing a pic of uber-sexy model Stuart Reardon and wine???
• A federal judge in Maryland has ruled that transgender students have the right to use the rest rooms and locker rooms that align with their gender identity.
• Hundreds turn out in support of an out high school football player who was targeted by the hate group Westboro Baptist Church.
St. Louis high school rallies around gay football player @Jakebain10 to counter hate group #LoveWins https://t.co/FZAOED0gtN via @outsports pic.twitter.com/RYCl3iZ7K3
— Outsports (@outsports) March 13, 2018
• A hospital refused the tissue donation from a deceased 24-year-old because he was gay.
• A Republican candidate for office in Maine viciously attacked one of the surviving students of the Parkland gun massacre as “a skinhead lesbian.”
“I can only imagine what I would be feeling right now if I was a 16-year-old watching people like Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy on TV.
“I wasn’t ready to come out in college or high school. I think the fear was similar, and putting on a brave face so people saw me as a happy kid next door. I had family that was close-knit, but that didn’t make me less terrified. I came out in my early 20s, around the dawn of the Internet exploding, which I think made people feel less isolated or alone.”