Some news items you might have missed:
• Uncensored The Show: I hope everyone’s Hump Day was as fab as the woman above attending Uncensored the Show here in Las Vegas.
• Irish News: A gay rights group is planning a legal challenge to a ban on sex and condoms at Maghaberry all-male prison in Northern Ireland.
• NowThis News: Eric Adams has won New York City’s Democratic primary making him a near-guarantee to be the next mayor of the city.
• The Advocate: The Food and Drug Administration is warning gay men about potential adverse effects of poppers (aka alkyl nitrate). Typically inhaled and offering a short, intense high that often includes sexual arousal, using poppers may lead to severe headaches, dizziness, increase in body temperature, difficulty breathing, and/or extreme drops in blood pressure.
• LGBTQ Nation: A new study analyzed records for 83,000 adults being treated for HIV between 1999 and 2017 and compared them to a similar group of people without HIV. For those who started treatment from 2011 to 2017, the difference in early death rates for those with HIV has dropped to just 2.7%.
• Pink News: A gay son has shared a poignant tribute to his two adoptive gay dads, who both tragically died of AIDS just five days apart. “They never got a chance to see the men we are today but they cared for us very much and gave us a life that we wouldn’t have known otherwise. It’s incredible even now, after all these years, I can still feel what it felt like to be loved that much.”