Some news items you might have missed:
• The Gaily Grind: It turns out Dr. Stella Immanuel (above), who shot to fame this week praising hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus “cure,” is a homophobic preacher who alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments and gay marriage means that “very soon people are going to be seeking to marry children.”
• Page Six: International pop star Elton John is apparently being sued by his ex-wife for dishing on their ill-fated 1980s marriage in his memoir and bio-pic.
• ABC News: An ethics watchdog group has accused President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign of obscuring nearly $170 million worth of campaign spending through so-called “pass-through” vendors linked to campaign leadership instead of disclosing the true recipients of the funds.
• AP News: U.S. officials say Russian intelligence operatives are using a trio of English-language websites to spread disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic and cause confusion ahead of the presidential election in November.
• DisneyPlus: In this ‘Mup Close & Personal’ moment, Emmy Award-winner RuPaul stops by the new Muppets Now and discusses ‘fashion icon’ status with the venerable Miss Piggy. The new series begins streaming July 31.