|InstaHunk and fashion designer Daniel Sheehan|
Some news items you might have missed:
• New York Times: A group of LGBT-supportive Republicans have filed a brief urging the U.S. Supreme Court to rule in favor of LGBT workplace protections under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The brief is reportedly tailored to resonate with the five conservative justices on the high court.
• AdAge: Advertising company FCB announced that it will not renew its contract with Nivea after reports that the skin care brand rejected a pitch showing two men’s hands touching. An executive allegedly told the ad company, “We don’t do gay at Nivea.”
• Washington Post: After haters used a social media campaign to force the cancellation of a Story Book Pride Prom in Jacksonville, Florida, a local church stepped in and held the prom Friday. The decision to host the prom was unanimously supported by the church’s board, and the event culminated in “happy teens, grateful parents, and a lot of community support.”
• Woofy Matthew Camp shares this colorful tease of his sex-positive docs-series, Camp Chaos:
• CNBC: The House Ways and Means Committee is suing the Treasury Department to get President Donald Trump’s tax returns.
• The Hill: The Trump administration has relented on its attempt to put a citizenship question on the upcoming 2020 census.
• The United States Women’s National Soccer team is heading to the World Cup finals after beating England today 2-1. Tea anyone?
— Beer Talk Inc. (@BeerTalkPod) July 2, 2019