|(photo credit: AJ Lopez)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• Woofy fitness model Quin Bruce is looking for the weekend that’s almost here. #ThisClose
• A top Fox News executive had his anti-diversity op-ed yanked offline. “Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been ‘Faster, Higher, Stronger,'” he wrote. “It appears the US Olympic Committee would like to change that to ‘Darker, Gayer, Different.'” Out of 243 U.S. athletes in PyeongChang, 10 are African-American, 10 are Asian-American and only 2 are openly gay.
• The Trump administration wants to allow states to add work requirements and possibly lifetime caps for Medicaid recipients. How might that affect people with HIV?
• Veteran professional race-car driver Hurley Haywood comes out in the upcoming autobiography Hurley: From The Beginning.
• Maryland lawmakers have introduced bills to ban so-called “conversion therapy” for minors.
• And as I close out this round-up, how about one more pic of our out Olympians Gus Kenworthy and Adam Rippon at the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympic Games? #LGBTproud