|Backstage with Mariah Carey in Las Vegas|
Some news items you might have missed:
• Took our friends to see Mariah Carey this week at Caesar’s Colosseum this week. Michael and I took the outside positions (above) just in case folks wanted to crop us out for a more ‘intimate’ photographic Mariah moment 🙂
• Police in Venezuela have raided and confiscated lifesaving medications from an HIV service organization.
• Disney is on a winning streak when it comes to the LGBTQ community. A character on the Disney Channel recently said “I’m gay;” Disneyland Paris is hosting an official Pride event this year; the upcoming film Jungle Cruise will have an openly gay character; and now Disney’s Instagram account posted a pic of a gay couple getting married at Disney World as part of its Fairy Tale Weddings package.
• Out football player Michael Sam told an audience in Albuquerque, New Mexico, he regrets coming out before the NFL draft in 2014. “The NFL gave me a raw deal,” said Sam. “It was tough to forgive them. I love football. Football gave me an education and gave me the opportunity I so desperately needed at the time.”
• Special counsel Robert Mueller said in a new court filing that search warrants have uncovered communications that connect longtime GOP operative Roger Stone to “Guccifer 2.0 and with Organization 1,” which is widely believed to be WikiLeaks.
• Handsome classical crossover singer, Daniel Emmet, released the music video for his latest single “Passerà.”
You may remember Emmet as a finalist on Season 13 of America’s Got Talent who was challenged by Simon Cowell to learn a new song in one hour, in Italian, and then perform it on national television – which he did.
This is a voice, kids… Hit play below.