Some news items you might have missed:
• Happy, happy birthday to my awesome godson Josh (above), who I am certain hung the moon.
• Police in Colorado have arrested a woman for trashing a gay man’s apartment over his “gay behavior.” She faces charges of causing non-serious bodily injury, domestic violence, criminal mischief, and assault in the third degree, with possible bias crime enhancements.
• Outsports has named Gus Kenworthy’s slope-side kiss with boyfriend Matt Wilkas at the Olympics the “gay sports moment of 2018.”
• Thanks to the Trump Shutdown, as of midnight tonight, 42,000 Coast Guard members won’t see another paycheck until mid-January at the earliest. Other military branches are unaffected by the partial government shutdown but the Coast Guard falls under the Homeland Security Department.
• Out comedienne/TV host Ellen DeGeneres snagged a Top 10 spot (8th) on Gallup’s “Most Admired Women” poll this year. She’s the only LGBTQ person to appear on the list.
• Star Trek: Discovery star Wilson Cruz shows us how to turn a fierce 45-years-old. Just a simple wave of the hand, “45 and…”