Some news items you might have missed:
• Reddit: Hottie David Beckham (above) has a really, really nice…watch.
• NY Times: The latest developments on the impeachment of Donald Trump.
• Philadelphia Inquirer: Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew announced last week his intention to switch parties and become a Republican after less than a year in office. Voter fraud might be rare, but Van Drew has essentially defrauded people who voted him in.
• NBC News: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) isn’t even pretending to be an impartial juror. “I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here.” Please note: Senate rules require members to take a specific oath before an impeachment trial gets underway: “I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”
• Washington Post: U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington, D.C. rejected Michael Flynn’s attacks against the FBI and the Justice Department, setting a long-delayed sentencing for President Trump’s former national security adviser for Jan. 28.
• LA Times: The Supreme Court refused Monday to hear a major case on homelessness, letting stand a ruling that protects homeless people’s right to sleep on the sidewalk or in public parks if no other shelter is available.
• Politico: Congress is on the verge of a sweeping health care reform – Federally prohibiting the sale of tobacco products to people under 21.
• PBS News Hour poll: Biden leads with 24%, followed closely by Sanders at 22%. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is third with 17%, followed by South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 13%, all together making up a clear top tier of four candidates.
Christmas and pop power ballad (with a big ole key change) all in one. What’s not to like?