Some news items you might have missed:
• Glamour Magazine: Daniel Levy and Eugene Levy (pictured above) are releasing an official Schitt’s Creek book entitled Best Wishes, Warmest Regards. The publisher says it will capture the “essence and alchemy of all six seasons,” including, “the town, the characters, and the state of mind that is Schitt’s Creek.”
• NBC News: Canadian soccer star Quinn became the first openly transgender athlete to ever win an Olympic medal following their team’s defeat of Sweden in the women’s final on Friday. Canada’s 3-2 win over Sweden marks the first time the Canadian women’s soccer team has ever won Olympic gold.
• Instinct Magazine: Days of Our Lives gay super-couple Will & Sonny is returning to the airwaves in the newly announced Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem five-episode limited series set to air on NBC Universal’s streaming service Peacock. But – Freddie Smith will not be returning as Sonny.
• Politico: Caitlyn Jenner’s gubernatorial campaign has only raised about $747,000 and spent some $910,000, leaving her campaign with about $156,000 in unpaid bills and roughly $21,000 on hand for the race’s critical final stretch. #OhWell…
Caitlyn Jenner’s gubernatorial campaign has about $156,000 in unpaid bills and roughly $21,000 on hand for the California recall race’s critical final stretch https://t.co/bWsdmU7g0m
— POLITICO (@politico) August 3, 2021
• The Advocate: Human Rights Campaign staffers had an intense meeting Wednesday with the group’s president, Alphonso David, regarding his ties to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, with several employees calling on David to resign. David is under fire because of his role in responding to sexual harassment allegations against the governor.
Human Rights Campaign staff had an intense meeting with the group’s president Alphonso David following revelations about his role in the Andrew Cuomo scandal. https://t.co/McZA1N5qvB
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) August 5, 2021