|Calum Von Moger (via Instagram)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: Bodybuilder and fitness expert Calum Von Moger shares the above pic with a humorous touch embracing his inner peacock as he writes, “I was made for this moment.”
• LGBTQ Nation: While crime overall in major cities has declined over recent years, a new study shows hate crimes increased 9% over the last year. That makes for the 5th consecutive increase and the largest jump since 2015.
• Gr8erDays: Follow this Instagram account for celebrity trivia from Hollywood days gone by.
Celebs born on August 2 include Eddie Munster himself, Butch Patrick — who is 66! Others (pictured after him): . Apollonia Kotero, 60 Joanna Cassidy, 74 Patrick Adiarte, 77 Peter O’Toole (1932-2013) Carroll O’Connor (1924-2001) Gary Merrill (1915-1990) Beatrice Straight (1914-2001) Ann Dvorak (1911-1979) Myrna Loy (1905-1993) . . . #anndvorak #butchpatrick #munsters #eddiemunster #tv #movies #myrnaloy #peterotoole #apolloniakotero #apollonia #music #movies #tv #garymerrill #allabouteve #beatricestraight #carrolloconnor #allinthefamily #archiebunker #patrickadiarte #bradybunch #joannacassidy #celebritybirthdays #gr8erdays
• Morning Consult: New polling shows the second round of debates among Democratic presidential candidates did little to shake up current standings. Thirty-two percent of Democratic voters still say former Vice President Joe Biden is their first choice, just 1 percentage point down from MC’s polling after the first debates. None of the candidates shifted more than 2 points.
• Wall-Street Journal: While median income in the U.S. has gone up 14% in 30 years, housing prices have gone up 290% and college tuition has risen 311% making life for the middle class even more difficult.
• Out Music: Swedish pop star Tove Lo drops her latest single, “Bad as the Boys,” a light, breezy, summertime pop bop which finds the singer teamed-up with Finnish singer ALMA.
“’Bad as the Boys’ is about my first summer girl crush when I was in my teens,” says the singer. “It’s about that sting you feel in your heart when you know summer is coming to an end and so is the romance.”