Some news items you might have missed:
• Sometimes it’s a good idea to look back – as fitness athlete Pierre Vuala (above) makes abundantly clear. #TBT
• The woman who launched a homophobic attack on two female soldiers is now banned from the restaurant where the incident took place, and she’s lost her part-time gig teaching at a local college.
• This gay Canadian man thought losing 70 pounds would bring him joy. Turns out, not so much.
• The cast of the upcoming Broadway revival of Boys In The Band donned pink triangle t-shirts in honor of The AIDS Memorial.
. . “Our entire cast of THE BOYS IN THE BAND are so moved and inspired by these stories of the beautiful men and women that we lost to the plague during those dark years. . Thank you for bringing them to life once more on your beautiful Instagram @theaidsmemorial.” — by Matt Bomer @mattbomer . #whatisrememberedlives #theaidsmemorial #aidsmemorial #endaids #boysintheband @theaidsmemorialtshirt .
• The first Quinnipiac University poll for this year’s race for Sen. Ted Cruz’s seat in the U.S. Senate is in a statistical dead heat with Rep. Beto O’Rourke (Texas), his Democratic challenger, only 3 points behind Cruz 47%/44%. O’Rourke has raised $6.7 million compared to Cruz’s $3.2 million in campaign donations.
• Lobbyists at the anti-LGBT organizations the Heritage Foundation and Family Research Council were secretly involved in drafting the Trump administration’s policy banning transgender military service members. And now those same folks are hopping mad because their communications have been subpoenaed which could reveal to the world their hateful statements.
• Fraternity brothers at a joint-hosted Phi Gamma Delta and Kappa Sigma Xi-Lambda off-campus party last Friday broke the leg of a gay man in an alleged homophobic attack. Watch the report below.