First came the allegations of sexual aggression by Kevin Spacey.
Then, Netflix announced that the sixth season of House of Cards would be the last, adding that the decision had been made months ago.
Then, Netflix abruptly stopped production on that sixth season of House of Cards.
Now, Netflix says the streaming network will not be associated with any House of Cards that includes Spacey.
“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” a spokesman for Netflix said in a statement. “We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”
Production on the sixth season of “House of Cards” was suspended Tuesday following a Buzzfeed report that accused Spacey of assaulting actor Anthony Rapp in 1986 when the “Star Trek: Discovery” actor was 14 years old.
On Thursday, Spacey was dropped by CAA and his longtime publicist, Staci Wolfe. On Friday, Scotland Yard opened an investigation into the veteran actor in response to an allegation that he sexually assaulted a male thesp in London.
As Variety exclusively reported, Netflix is mulling a “House of Cards” spinoff in an attempt to save its flagship series.
Additionally, the Gore Vidal biopic planned by Netflix to star Spacey may very well be canned.
Kevin Spacey’s Agents & Publicist Jump Ship As More Sexual Assault Allegations Add Up
Netflix Suspends Production On Final Season Of HOUSE OF CARDS
Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made Sexual Advance Towards Me At Age 14