|More Americans blame Donald Trump for current government shutdown|
New polling from Morning Consult/Politico shows more Americans blame Donald Trump for the current shutdown of the federal government than the Democrats.
From the data culled from surveying 1,984 registered voters:
• 49% blame Donald Trump for the shutdown versus 33% who put the onus on Democrats
• 36% say Trump should declare a ‘national emergency’ to get his wall while a slight majority – 51% – would view that action as an abuse of power
• 47% say they will ‘definitely’ vote for someone other than Trump in the 2020 presidential election compared to just 23% who would ‘definitely’ vote for Trump
• Broken down by political party, 85% of Democrats and 48% of Independents say they would ‘definitely’ vote for someone other than Trump
• Only 54% of Republicans fall in the ‘definitely’ camp for Trump