MassLive is reporting that vehemently anti-gay Scott Lively (currently being sued by a Ugandan civil rights group for crimes against humanity) has launched a campaign to become the next governor of Massachusetts:
His campaign motto is “Qualified. Experienced. Electable.” Publicly available campaign finance records show he has about $3,000 in his coffers, including a $2,000 loan to himself.
Lively said he does not believe being the target of a 2012 lawsuit in federal court leveled by Sexual Minorities Uganda in connection with his anti-homosexuality campaign in that country will hurt his chances as a candidate.
“If anything, I think it will help me when people learn how ridiculous the lawsuit is,” he said during an interview.
Lively is running as an independent in the “bluest of the blue states,” he said. He said he will be a viable option for conservatives whom, he said, have been abandoned by Republicans and have no connection with Democrats, to whom he refers as “Communists.”
“The people of Massachusetts need a candidate who can clearly and unapologetically articulate Biblical values without fear or compromise,” his campaign literature states. “They need a candidate who will tell the simple truth that abortion is murder, and homosexuality is condemned by God (but that Jesus forgives those who repent).”
Joe Jervis at JoeMyGod points out this shortlist of anti-gay atrocities connected to Lively:
• Lively says gays are bringing the end times.
• Lively says God sent meningitis to punish gays.
• Lively cheers Russia’s gay “propaganda” ban.
• Lively claims to have exploded a Massachusetts strip club with his prayers.
• Lively applauds Uganda’s brutal oppression of gay people.
• Lively launches Oklahoma campaign to legalize anti-gay discrimination.
• Lively says gay-friendly politicians should be tarred and feathered.
• Lively endorses life imprisonment for gay people in Uganda.
• Lively sued for crimes against humanity.
• Convicted pedophile arrested while managing Lively’s coffee shop.
There you have it Massachusetts – your candidate for governor.