A teenager in Las Vegas accused of killing a transgender friend says he shot the victim by accident. Police say he asked his parents not to call the authorities regarding the crime.
Here’s the latest from our website: 17-Year-Old Faces Murder Charges for Shooting Trans Friend https://t.co/K6Kfzu2DpM
— METRO WEEKLY (@metroweekly) May 20, 2024
From Metro Weekly:
Cesar Sandoval, 17, faces one count of open murder, one count of open murder with the use of a deadly weapon, and one count of concealing evidence for his alleged role in the shooting death of 18-year-old Jazlynn Johnson, a transgender woman.
On May 6, around 4 a.m. Las Vegas police responded to a call from a man, later identified as Sandoval’s father, that his son had shot a friend inside a vehicle.
The man reportedly told dispatchers his son had come home and told his parents that he had shot his friend, but would not tell them any details about the shooting, according to a police report.
When police officers arrived at the Sandoval home, they detained the teen, asking him where the shooting occurred. At the crime scene, police discovered a female in the driver’s seat, slumped against the door, with an apparent gunshot wound to the head. Evidence reportedly indicated that the shooting happened inside the vehicle and that the shooter was likely seated in the passenger seat. So far, there’s been no reason given as to why the gun was even present. Sandoval told police he doesn’t know where the gun is now. Sandoval is currently being held in custody at the Clark County Juvenile Hall. He is next scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on June 18. An “open murder” indictment charges murder in the first degree and all necessarily included offenses, including murder in the second degree and possibly voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter, based upon the specific facts of the case.
A 17-year-old accused of murder told police it was an accident after he shot his friend in a vehicle and told his parents not to call 911 earlier in the month, according to documents obtained by 8 News Now. https://t.co/goWfsHDxmw
— 8 News Now (@8NewsNow) May 14, 2024
Sarah Kate Ellis, the president and CEO of GLAAD, issued a statement which read in part:
“Jazlynn’s murder is the latest in a pattern of senseless deaths among transgender, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming youth across America who face rampant harassment and violence simply because of who they are.”
Discover more from The Randy Report
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

