• Home
  • Uncategorized
  • Donald Trump Says NBC Attempting To Suppress His Freedom Of Speech, Files $500 Million Law Suit

Donald Trump Says NBC Attempting To Suppress His Freedom Of Speech, Files $500 Million Law Suit

In the wake of the Miss Universe and Miss USA Pageants being dropped by NBC and Univision over Donald Trump’s racist remarks about Mexican immigrants, Trump has filed a $500 million law suit against Univision.

In the suit Trump says Univision is seeking to squash his freedom of speech.

(Actually, he’s perfectly free to express himself. He just needs to realize actions and opinions have consequences.)

Trump claims Univision is attempting to suppress his freedom of speech. Here’s an excerpt from The Trump Organization’s statement via NPR:

“Under the contract, Univision is required to broadcast the pageant live on television in Spanish. While Univision claims its decision came solely in response to comments by Mr. Trump during a June 16 campaign speech announcing his candidacy for President of the United States, the decision was, in reality, a politically motivated attempt to suppress Mr. Trump’s freedom of speech under the First Amendment as he begins to campaign for the nation’s presidency.”

Last year’s host of the Miss Universe pageant, Thomas Roberts of MSNBC, has dropped out of the event, as well has co-host Cheryl Burke.

“In light of the recent statements made by Donald Trump and the subsequent decision by NBC to cut ties with Mr. Trump, I cannot in good conscience move forward with participating in this year’s Miss USA Pageant as its co-host,” Burke wrote on Facebook. “Effective today I have withdrawn from my duties with Miss USA.”

Roberts sent this Tweet on Tuesday: “Best of luck to all #MissUSA2015 contestants this year & THX to the good people behind the scenes @MissUniverse – been a joy working w/you!”

NBC has announced it will not air either pageant even as the Miss USA event is scheduled to go on July 12th.

UA-4187428-4