Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: Back in the spotlight thanks to his first Oscar nomination for The Whale, folks are remembering Brendan Fraser’s days as a hottie in his early films like George of the Jungle.
• OUT: Since its premiere two weeks ago, HBO’s queer inclusive The Last of Us has become one of the most popular TV shows in the country. And it’s already renewed for a second season.
• LGBTQ Nation: Lawmakers in the Virginia House of Representatives unanimously voted to reject a bill targeting transgender students that would have required trans students to obtain a court order to update their names on any school records.
• Salt Lake Tribune: Utah’s governor has signed a ban on gender-affirming care for trans minors barring care for minors not diagnosed with gender dysphoria before it’s effective date in May. Note: no country has banned this care for minors.
BREAKING NEWS: @GovCox has signed SB16, the transgender youth healthcare bill and HB215, the teacher salary/school choice into law. Here’s his statement on SB16. @fox13 #utpol #utleg pic.twitter.com/A9kFcUiBNs
— Ben Winslow (@BenWinslow) January 28, 2023
• KIRO7: A Washington state pastor who “admitted he leads a double life” was arrested in January with nearly three pounds of methamphetamine, fentanyl and cocaine and bragged that he was a good drug dealer, according to court documents.
• Gr8erDays: If you’re close to my age, you just might be able to name all nine of these Saturday morning kids’ shows from the 70s. (I can’t believe I got them all LOL…)