Some news items you might have missed:
• GR8erDays: I join the rest of the world in mourning the loss of music legend Tony Bennett. I haven’t posted about his passing yet because I wanted to write a worthy remembrance of him. I encourage you to read Matt Rettenmund’s excellent look-back on the amazing life of the master of the
• Variety: Over the weekend, Greta Gerwig’s very pink fantasy-comedy “Barbie” collected a stunning $182 million at the international box office, bringing its worldwide total to $337 million. Biggest debut for a woman-directed film to date.
'Barbie' Towers Over International Box Office With $182 Million, 'Oppenheimer' Ignites to Huge $93.7 Million https://t.co/z3S5A9Op9b
— Variety (@Variety) July 23, 2023
• Washington Blade: A new study from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that 81% of transgender adults in the U.S. have thought about suicide, 42% of trans adults have attempted it and 56% have engaged in non-suicidal self-injury
• Twitter: You can’t even call this shade… Jack Schlossberg, President John F. Kennedy’s grandson, comes right out and clocks his cousin, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. RFK Jr.’s sister, Kerry Kennedy, has also spoken out about her brother’s controversial statements.
President John F. Kennedy’s grandson endorses President Biden, slams Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his campaign. pic.twitter.com/IiVCZ98pz6
— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) July 21, 2023
• Pink News: Hungary’s far-right prime minister Viktor Orbán has accused the European Union (EU) of conducting what he called an “LGBTQ+ offensive” by rejecting “Christian heritage.”
• Loose Women: During an appearance to promote the new WHAM! documentary, Andrew Ridgeley shared about having to keep George Michael’s sexuality a secret.