
Yuri Lutsenko, the former prosecutor general for Ukraine, says he repeatedly rebuffed demands by Rudy Giuliani to investigate Joe Biden and his son, insisting he had seen no evidence of wrongdoing that he could pursue.
From the Los Angeles Times:
In an interview, Yuri Lutsenko said while he was Ukraine’s prosecutor general he told Rudolph W. Giuliani that he would be happy to cooperate if the FBI or other U.S. authorities began their own investigation of the former vice president and his son Hunter but insisted they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge.
Lutsenko, who was fired as prosecutor general last month, said he had urged Giuliani to launch a U.S. inquiry and go to court if he had any evidence but not to use Ukraine to conduct a political vendetta that could affect the U.S. election.
“I said, ‘Let’s put this through prosecutors, not through presidents,’ ” Lutsenko told The Times.
“I told him I could not start an investigation just for the interests of an American official,” he said.
The revelations are at the heart of the House impeachment inquiry into whether Trump improperly delayed congressionally mandated military aid to Ukraine while urging leaders there to help find dirt on his political opponents to boost his 2020 reelection bid.
Giuliani had reportedly been pushing Lutsenko to investigate the Bidens for over a year. Lutsenko described Giuliani as “obsessed” with finding dirt on the Bidens.
And then there’s this from Richard Engel, NBC News chief foreign correspondent:
So much disinformation out there. Independent investigators here in Ukraine have told me, repeatedly: Joe Biden did NOT stop an investigation into his son. In fact, US officials, including Biden, were pushing for MORE oversight of the company where Hunter Biden was a board member
— Richard Engel (@RichardEngel) September 30, 2019
Discover more from The Randy Report
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.