Some news items you might have missed:
• The Hill: Researchers from Germany say a man has been cured of HIV following a stem cell transplant that was performed after several rounds of chemotherapy, making him the fifth known case of the virus being cured in an individual.
• JoeMyGod: Congressman David Cicilline has announced he will be leaving the U.S. House. Cicilline has been one of the most successful Rhode Island politicians of his generation, moving from the General Assembly to become Providence’s first openly gay mayor, then representing the 1st District in the House for the last 12 years.
Dem Rep. David Cicilline To Retire From House In June – https://t.co/8KphIRCFgO pic.twitter.com/7YafKRomVN
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) February 21, 2023
• Washington Examiner: Gay conservative Brad Polumbo wonders why Log Cabin Republicans are teaming up with self-described “homophobic” troll Isabella Riley Moody, essentially lighting “its credibility on fire.”
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Check out the latest in LGBTQ publications including Ben Aldridge covering the new issue of Attitude Magazine.
• Washington Post: Brian Covey, a Florida teacher, has been fired after posting a viral video of a school library’s empty bookshelves – the result of banning “certain” books.
“They removed every single book from my children’s classrooms… I read books about the consequences of this when I was in school.”
Since y'all wanna play the "this isn't really happening" game https://t.co/bVUFOXPc6a pic.twitter.com/fUUkJgi5ls
— JagsFanBrian✊🏿✊🏽✊ (@JagsFanBrian) January 27, 2023
• Twitter: Far-right nutjob Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) got a lot of clap back on Monday after calling for a “national divorce” between red and blue states – basically wanting red states to “separate” from the U.S.
Aside from the part where she swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States when she took office, there’s the inconvenient fact that “red states” receive far more in federal dollar expenditures than they contribute in taxes. #WhatWouldTheyDo?
We need a national divorce.
We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government.
Everyone I talk to says this.
From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s traitorous America Last policies, we are…
— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@mtgreenee) February 20, 2023
Girl, you’re right.
Let’s do it.
“Red states, on average, rank significantly higher than blue states when it comes to freeloading off other states. But why are blue states significantly less dependent on federal largess? Because blue states contribute far https://t.co/oXgCrmZLFm… https://t.co/Dp3VH7m0sm
— Jo 🌻 (@JoJoFromJerz) February 20, 2023
Fun fact: Red states receive far more federal dollar expenditures than they contribute in taxes. Blue states contribute more in taxes than they receive. Red states depend on blue states to get the federal funding they need to survive, but sure, go for it. https://t.co/GEyKlnlOph
— Jax Persists (@LadyJayPersists) February 20, 2023