Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: The nominations are in for 75th Primetime Emmys, and tons of LGBTQ talent and entertainment are represented. Awards show airs September 18.
• Florida Politics: In a survey of 1,500 adult citizens, just 8% of respondents say LGBTQ people would be better off under GOP presidential wannabe Ron DeSantis, while 40% believe LGBTQ people would be worse off.
• Instagram: International pop star Ricky Martin shared a short video clip of him “livin’ la vida loca” with his twins on a boat off the French Riviera just days after announcing his split with his hubby, Jwan Yosef.
• Playbill: The ensemble of New York, New York will receive the 2023 ACCA Award for Outstanding Broadway Chorus from Actors’ Equity Association. First presented in 2007 to the ensemble of Legally Blonde, it is the first award within the theatre industry to honor the choruses and ensembles of original Broadway companies.
• LGBTQ Nation: Latvia swore in Edgars Rinkēvičs, 49, as president over the weekend, the country’s first out president, the 7th out LGBTQ leader of a nation, and the first out LGBTQ head of state of a European Union country.