2-Year Prison Sentence For White Supremacist Who Plotted To Bomb Gay Bar

Conor Climo (screen capture)
Regular readers may recall I reported on a 20-something white supremacist who had been “self-patrolling” my own Las Vegas neighborhood last year. He was arrested in August 2019 after telling an undercover FBI agent he planned to firebomb a Las Vegas gay bar or synagogue. The young man, Conor Climo, has now been sentenced to two years in prison. Now 24-years-old, he will receive credit for time served since his arrest and will then be bound to home confinement for six months with electronic monitoring. Federal prosecutors had originally requested a 30-month prison sentence. From Edge Media:

“I was truly wrong for all of this,” Climo said. “I even have come to really regret everything, everything that I was involved with.”

The judge gave Climo credit for the jail time he already has served since his August 2019 arrest and agreed to recommend that he serves his prison time in Louisiana, near grandparents whom he plans to live with after his release.

Defense attorney Paul Riddle said his client is grateful that FBI agents arrested him when they did because he knows that he was on a “very dark path.”

“But he’s not on that path anymore, and he’s the not same person that was arrested,” Riddle said.

The FBI said it began investigating Climo in April 2019 after learning of his encrypted internet chats with members of Feuerkrieg Division, an international offshoot of a U.S.-based neo-Nazi group called Atomwaffen Division. Climo told FBI agents that he joined Feuerkrieg Division but left because he “became bored with the group and their inaction,” according to a court filing.

Climo pleaded guilty to a firearm charge after discussing his bombing plans with an FBI agent and informant. In searching his home, authorities found multiple rifles and bomb components.

Las Vegas: White Supremacist Charged With Plotting To Firebomb Gay Bars & Synagogues

Twenty-three-year-old Conor Climo has been arrested and accused of plotting to firebomb a Las Vegas synagogue or a bar catering to LGTBQ customers, officials said Friday.
Conor Climo (screen capture)

Twenty-three-year-old Conor Climo has been arrested and accused of plotting to firebomb a Las Vegas synagogue or a bar catering to LGTBQ customers, officials said Friday.

According to the criminal complaint, Climo was communicating with individuals who identified with a white supremacist extremist organization using the National Socialist Movement to promote their ideology.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Koppe on Friday ordered Climo to remain in federal custody pending an Aug. 23 court appearance on a federal firearms charge.

From NBC Los Angeles:

Court documents say Climo communicated by encrypted internet chat with people identified as white supremacists, and told an FBI informant in recent weeks that he was scouting places to attack.

Investigators serving a warrant at his home found hand-drawn schematics and component parts of a destructive device, according to the criminal complaint, including flammable liquids, oxidizing agents and circuit boards. They also confiscated an AR-15 assault-style weapon and a bolt-action rifle.

The charge against Climo accuses him of possessing an unregistered firearm in the form of the component parts of a destructive device.

“Climo would regularly use derogatory racial, anti-Semitic and homosexual slurs,” the U.S. attorney’s office statement said. “He discussed attacking a Las Vegas synagogue and making Molotov Cocktails and improvised explosive devices, and he also discussed conducting surveillance on a bar he believed catered to the LGBTQ community.”

Back in 2016, local news station KTNV-TV reported on Climo, 20-years-old at the time, “patrolling” his neighborhood wearing battle gear and carrying an assault rifle and survival knife.

“I’ll pretty much stay within constitutional bounds when I’d doing this,” he told KTNV.

Pretty much stay within constitutional bounds???”

He also said he would be looking for ‘suspicious activity,’ which he defined as “people outside when they’re not supposed to be…”

Think on that one.

That was MY neighborhood he was patrolling. In the reports from 2016 (below), he admits he has no formal training in ‘policing’ anything.

Trump’s Twisted Equivalency Of Neo-Nazis & Those Who Protest Them

Jake Tapper of CNN sums up Trump’s twisted version of reality that attempts to equate neo-nazis and those who protest them.

Charlottesville Hate Rally Organizer Runs From His Own Press Conference

Jason Kessler runs from his own press conference

Jason Kessler, one of the white supremacists who helped organize the hideous events we saw in Charlottesville, Virginia, this past weekend decided his “achievement” warranted a press conference.

The citizens of Charlottesville were not too keen on him “explaining” what happened in all the hate spewed Friday night and Saturday by his “Unite The Right” pals.

NBC News has footage of his literally running away from his own press conference as folks from Charlottesville told him exactly how they felt.

I don’t condone violence – don’t touch. But I support the citizens verbally expressing their outrage over what Kessler knowingly organized.

Watch the video below.

White Nationalist Nevadan: “I’m Not The Angry Racist” You See In That Photo

University of Reno student Peter Cvjetanovic
attending hate rally in Charlottesville, Virginia

Among the thousands who traveled to Charlottesville, Virginia, to proudly proclaim their white supremacist views was 20 year-old Reno resident Peter Cvjetanovic.

Cvjetanovic is an undergraduate at the University of Reno-Nevada studying history and political science.

From KTNV News in Reno:

“I came to this march for the message that white European culture has a right to be here just like every other culture, “Cvjetanovic says. “It is not perfect; there are flaws to it, of course. However I do believe that the replacement of the statue will be the slow replacement of white heritage within the United States and the people who fought and defended and built their homeland. Robert E Lee is a great example of that. He wasn’t a perfect man, but I want to honor and respect what he stood for during his time.”

Photos of Cvjetanovic protesting circulated on social media, denouncing Cvjetanovic as a racist.

“I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was. I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I’m not the angry racist they see in that photo.”

However Cvjetanovic, a self-proclaimed white nationalist, defends his beliefs.

“As a white nationalist, I care for all people. We all deserve a future for our children and for our culture. White nationalists aren’t all hateful; we just want to preserve what we have.”

Saturday’s protests left 3 people dead and several injured, click here for the full details.

Hillary Clinton Strongly Denounces White Supremacists’ Violence In Charlottesville

After the violent turmoil erupted at the nazi rally today in Charlottesville, Virginia, Hillary Clinton issued this statement via Twitter:

My heart is in Charlottesville today, and with everyone made to feel unsafe in their country. But the incitement of hatred that got us here is as real and condemnable as the white supremacists in our streets. Every minute we allow this to persist through tacit encouragement or inaction is a disgrace, & corrosive to our values. Now is the time for leaders to be strong in their words & deliberate in their actions. We will not step backward. If this is not who we are as Americans, let’s prove it.

At least someone knows what clear leadership looks like.

Trump On Charlottesville Violence: “Bigotry And Violence On Both Sides”

In the aftermath of the white supremacist rally which turned to deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, Donald Trump issued a statement denouncing the “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides.”

It was the nazis’ rally that turned violent. Not peace-loving citizens who made today so ugly in Charlottesville.

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. It’s been going on a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.”

You’ll note that “Not Donald Trump.” He made a point to sidestep his own responsibility for stoking these racial flames the past two years.

This hurts my heart as an American. It honest to God hurts that our president can’t boldly stand up to this white supremacist hate.

Watch below.

Virginia Governor Declares State Of Emergency As Nazi Rally Escalates To Violence

Just terrible.

A planned protest by “white nationalists” (read that “white supremacists/Nazis”) in Virginia was abandoned on Saturday after the level of violence escalated to such a heated level the governor had  to declare a state of emergency as law enforcement officers cleared the area.

From the New York Times:

The demonstration, which both organizers and critics had said was the largest gathering of white nationalists in recent years, turned violent almost immediately and left several people injured.

The turmoil began with a march Friday night and escalated Saturday morning as hundreds of white nationalists gathered. Waving Confederate flags, chanting Nazi-era slogans, wearing helmets and carrying shields, they converged on a statue of Robert E. Lee in the city’s Emancipation Park and began chanting phrases like “You will not replace us,” and “Jew will not replace us.”

Hundreds of counter-protesters quickly surrounded the crowd, chanting and carrying their own signs.

By 11 a.m., the scene had exploded into taunting, shoving and outright brawling. Barricades encircling the park and separating the two sides began to come down, and police temporarily retreated. People were seen clubbing one another in the streets, and pepper spray filled the air.

Police cleared the area before noon, and the Virginia National Guard arrived as officers began arresting some who remained for unlawful assembly. But fears lingered that the altercation would start again nearby, even as politicians, including Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a Democrat, and House Speaker Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, a Republican, condemned the violence.

The protest, billed as a “Unite the Right” rally, was the culmination of a year and a half of debate in Charlottesville over the fate of the Lee statue. A movement to remove it began when an African-American high school student here started a petition. The City Council voted 3 to 2 in April to sell it, but a judge issued an injunction temporarily stopping the move.

The city had been bracing for a sea of alt-right demonstrators, and on Friday night, hundreds of them, carrying lit torches, marched on the picturesque grounds of the University of Virginia, founded in 1819 by Thomas Jefferson. The group included prominent white nationalist figures like Richard Spencer and David Duke, a former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

Apparently, the white supremacists tried to spin Trump’s first tweet into a message that condemned the counter-protesters. Trump then issued a second tweet regarding the nazi rally:

At one point, a car plowed through a group of counter-protesters.

Trump Finally Addresses Two Portland Heroes Calling The Attacks “Unacceptable”

After three days of silence, President Trump finally “spoke out” via Twitter about the deaths of two men who defended teenagers from a known white supremacist in Portland.

According to Portland police, two men were killed and another was wounded after 35-year old Jeremy Joseph Christian began yelling hate speech at two women, one of whom was wearing a hijab.

The president’s tweet read, “The violent attacks in Portland on Friday are unacceptable. The victims were standing up to hate and intolerance. Our prayers are w/ them.”

Interestingly, the message was posted to his official @potus account, not his personal account (@realDonaldTrump) which has almost twice the followers.

Many noted the tweet was sent out at 10:51AM this morning while he was attending Memorial Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetary, so it’s clear he didn’t write the post himself.

Team Trump: It’s Divisive To Point Out Our Senior Counselor Is A White Supremacist

Yesterday, the Trump transition team announced that Steve Bannon, of the “alt-right” website Breitbart will serve in the Trump administration as senior counselor and chief West Wing strategist.

The Bannon appointment raised many eyebrows in that Breibart is considered the “far right fringe” of conservative politics, and the website generally posts inflammatory white supremacist theories and worse.

Donald Trump communications director told CNN’s New Day host Chris Cuomo that pointing out Steve Bannon’s headlines and stories by white supremacists on his Breitbart website is “divisive.”

From Raw Story:

Miller attempted to parrot the new message from the Trump transition, claiming that he’s beyond attacking Mexicans, Muslims, women and all of the other groups targeted during the election. Instead, they want to move forward and bring the country together. “New Day” host Chris Cuomo couldn’t understand how that was possible with Bannon as Trump’s right-hand man.

Miller was bothered Cuomo would bring up something so divisive. “Again, I think that your focus on trying to divide people…”

Cuomo cut him off, “Not fair, Jason. Not fair. You put Bannon in position. Not me. I don’t put out the headlines on Breitbart. He does. He is seen as the architect of a very effective strategy that Donald Trump used during the election, which you guys now say needs to be left behind. But you’re bringing the architect of it with you. That’s not on me.”

And I predict that Donald Trump will “be under audit” by the IRS for at least the next four years, and thus unable to release his taxes. Ever.

Just saying…