|(image courtesy of Australian Firefighters Calendar)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• The Australian Firefighters Calendar (above) is so popular (how popular is it?) that there are multiple versions including the hot firefighters and dogs edition, the hot firefighters and cats edition, the hot firefighters and animals edition and the just plain “hot” edition. The annual charity calendars raise money for several charities each year. Click over to the official website for more photos and info.
• Three members of a high school football team in Utah are under investigation for allegedly sexually assaulting a team mate. Two boys reportedly held down their team mate while a third rubbed his junk on the boy’s face. Since the initial allegations, 13 more players have come forward with similar allegations.
• While opening for Randy Rainbow at a theater on Long Island, Rosie O’Donnell reportedly told the crowd that she and Gaga will be acting in a revival of Funny Girl.
Rosie O’Donnell just said on stage that Lady Gaga will play Funny Girl on Broadway and she’ll play her mother.
— BRIAN O’KEEFE (@BOKABC) October 7, 2018
• Cameron Monaghan, who’s played the gay middle child, Ian Gallagher, on the Showtime series Shameless since it’s 2011 premiere has announced this week’s episode will be his last.
• The Human Rights Campaign’s ‘Municipal Equality Index’ came up with a record 78 cities with a perfect score of 100. The list of 506 cities in the U.S. also found 15 cities that ranked an abysmal zero. The survey looks at things like non-discrimination policies as well as community relationships with police departments.
• One of the members of the gay string quartet Well Strung got in hot water posting a shirtless pic as he stood on a grave in a cemetery. Check the bottom right pic below. #seriously?