NYC: High School Student Bullied For Sexual Orientation Turns On Tormentors Killing One, Injuring Second

Abel Cedeno (center)

A Wednesday morning history class in the Bronx turned deadly as 18-year-old Abel Cedeno, who has been reportedly bullied regarding his perceived sexual orientation for weeks, snapped and stabbed two of his tormentors.

From the New York Daily News:

Horrified classmates howled in disbelief as Cedeno flew into a homicidal fury, plunging the serrated stainless steel blade into the chests of Matthew McCree, 15, and Ariane Laboy, 16.

The knife-wielding Cedeno just “went crazy,” said witness Jomarlyn Colon, 16. “Everybody just stood back. A few of them were holding Matthew. A few of them were holding towels on the wound.

“All the kids were crying and screaming.”

McCree, who started the deadly confrontation by flicking a pencil at Cedeno, was pronounced dead at St. Barnabas Hospital after the 10:50 a.m. stabbing spree in a fifth-floor classroom, cops said.

Laboy was in critical condition at the same hospital after he was slashed while coming to McCree’s defense.

Cedeno was charged with murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, attempted manslaughter, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

This marks the first murder to take place inside a New York City school since 1993.

Trump Finally Addresses Two Portland Heroes Calling The Attacks “Unacceptable”

After three days of silence, President Trump finally “spoke out” via Twitter about the deaths of two men who defended teenagers from a known white supremacist in Portland.

According to Portland police, two men were killed and another was wounded after 35-year old Jeremy Joseph Christian began yelling hate speech at two women, one of whom was wearing a hijab.

The president’s tweet read, “The violent attacks in Portland on Friday are unacceptable. The victims were standing up to hate and intolerance. Our prayers are w/ them.”

Interestingly, the message was posted to his official @potus account, not his personal account (@realDonaldTrump) which has almost twice the followers.

Many noted the tweet was sent out at 10:51AM this morning while he was attending Memorial Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetary, so it’s clear he didn’t write the post himself.

Video Of Stabbing Attack At Jerusalem Pride

Yesterday I posted about the stabbing attack at Jerusalem Pride by an Ultra-Orthodox Jew who had been imprisoned for years after a similar attack in 2005. Six parade attendees were injured; two critically.

Video has surfaced of the gruesome attack, and I think it’s important to see. Reading about violence is an entirely different visceral experience than actually SEEING it.

Folks should witness the actual blinding hatred that happens against LGBTs in real life.

Take a look below.

(via JMG)

Six Stabbed At Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade

Stabbing victims at Jerusalem Pride parade

According to the Jerusalem Post, an ultra-Orthodox man has been arrested for stabbing six people taking part in the Jerusalem gay pride parade today.

The suspect in Thursday’s stabbing attack, Yishai Shlissel, is the same man who perpetrated a similar stabbing attack at the 2005 Jerusalem gay pride parade. He was recently released from prison after having been convicted of stabbing three people during the parade ten years ago.

Six people were wounded in the incident that took place on the corners of Sokolov and Keren Hayesod streets in the capital.

Paramedics were treating two people in serious condition, one in moderate condition and three people who were lightly injured. All of the victims were in their thirties, according to MDA.

Thousands of people were taking part in the annual pride parade in the capital when the attack occurred.

“I saw an ultra-Orthodox youth stabbing everyone in his way,” said Shai Aviyor, a witness interviewed on Israel’s Channel 2 television.

“We heard people screaming, everyone ran for cover, and there were bloodied people on the ground,” Aviyor said.

Suspected attacker Yishai Schlissel