The chart-topping duo Icona Pop are back with the official music video for “Spa,” their musical collaboration with electronic duo Sofi-Tukker.
The quirky, retro-inspired video is the perfect pairing for the new wave-ish, techno-pop bop.
Speaking about the collaboration, Icona Pop’s Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo explain, “This song is weird in the very best way and we hope that people can have a rave spa at home while listening to it.”
Sofi Tukker adds, “We hope people can feel the joy and giddiness and ridiculousness that we all felt while making it. Even though we miss the club now more than ever, there’s also never been such an important time for self-care. Put some cuces on your eyes.”
Queer pop artist Tafari Anthony releases his latest single, “No Good.”
The soulful electro-pop track features soaring vocals by Anthony as he explores how some relationships are just no good for us, yet we somehow still end up pursuing them for whatever reason.
“It is so much easier than you’d think to get trapped in this cycle of a bad relationship,” Anthony recently told American Songwriter. “I’ve heard too often from people that when a relationship is going well they feel like it’s missing something and that something is the drama.”
Lauv joins forces with Conan Gray for the breezy mid-tempo “Fake,” which skewers vapid, phony social media personalities that seem to prize the number of followers over actual connections.
Amid a series of escalating fake photoshoots, the colorful music video features the duo engaging in staged pillow fights and dancing through super-saturated, bigger-than-life soundstage sets before being returned to reality.
• InstaHunks: Zumanity star Wayne Skivington (above) shares, “Sometimes you just need an escape to gather your thoughts and fill your soul.”
• AL.com: According to Alabama Secretary of State and Republican U.S. Senate candidate John Merrill, the weekend country is losing its moral core because Americans are “preoccupied with homosexual activities” and “the wife swap shows” that are on television.
• Twitter: The anonymous “Gay Footballer” on Twitter says he plans to come out soon:
An update following my meeting with the club on Sunday. Thank you to all of you that have shown your support so far ❤ pic.twitter.com/yRZrgXG5e6
• TIME: The 25 most influential people on the internet.
• Mediaite: Republican operative Jason Miller, former communications chief for the Trump campaign and transition team, said he hired numerous prostitutes and visited “hand job” massage parlors as recently as a few months ago in a new videotaped deposition.
• New Music: Check out the latest single from Sofi Tukker, “Swing,” which the band describes as “an epic battle song.”
“It’s more like a chant than a song, really. It’s called ‘swing’ because we literally swing the song after Tuck says that. We collaborated with the Brazilian poet, Chacal, and the words are about words!! Like a lot of the things we do with Chacal, part of the meaning of it is just how nonsensical it is. It’s really about how delicious and delightful and also meaningless words ultimately are.”
Wow – busy day today and I was just thinking, we need some new music to groove to.
Sometimes, you ask, you get.
Sofi Tukker drops the music video for “Good Time Girl” today featuring Charlie Barker from the debut album Treehouse
“This is a really personal, tongue-in-cheek song about navigating this nebulous thing called a ‘casual relationship,'” the pair say about the track.
Come along, take a ride with the gang floating down the river on Charlie’s London houseboat. The track has a chill, ethereal quality but definitely bops.
“We really identify with the queer community because of how much it revolves about being yourself, especially when that means going against the grain,” the duo recently told Gay Times Magazine. “It is so joyous and uplifting – and so great for creating!”
• Five years ago, Michael Johnson was accused of “recklessly” exposing multiple partners with HIV while he was a college student and sentenced to 30 years in prison by a jury stacked with white, HIV-negative heterosexuals, most of whom said they thought being gay was “a sin.” His parole has been granted but he won’t be released for another 18 months.
• Remember Republicans hammering Hillary Clinton for giving speeches to Goldman Sachs after she left the State Department? Well, it turns out Donald Trump received $150K for an appearance via Skype to a Ukrainian billionaire while running for the Republican presidential nomination. #WTF?
• In celebration of their debut album, Treehouse, out this Friday, duo Sofi Tukker releases the new video for single “Batshit,” featuring Tucker’s debut as the lead vocalist.
“We are introducing him as exactly what he is: Batshit Crazy. It’s as ridiculous and colorful as he is. And we love it,” says the duo.
That pretty much sums up the wild desert electro-pop romp that is “Batshit.” Check it out below 🙂