Omarosa Releases Recorded Telephone Call With Trump

But wait, there’s more!

After yesterday’s reveal of a conversation where White House Chief of Staff appears to be firing former White House aide Omarosa Manigault-Newman in the Situation Room of the White House, today she shared a telephone conversation with the president himself.

Allegedly recorded the day after she was fired, in the conversation Trump appears to have no knowledge his former reality show star had been fired.

From NBC News:

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former “Apprentice” contestant who became a White House aide, has provided an audio recording that she says is from 2017 and on which President Donald Trump expresses surprise that she’d been fired from his administration. The tape, which was played exclusively Monday on “Today,” appears to show Trump having no idea that Newman had been dismissed by his Chief of Staff John Kelly.

“Omarosa? Omarosa what’s going on? I just saw on the news that you’re thinking about leaving? What happened?” Trump is heard saying on the tape, which Newman said was made one day after her termination in December 2017 when Trump called her. “You know they run a big operation, but I didn’t know it,” Trump is heard saying on the tape. “I didn’t know that. Goddamn it. I don’t love you leaving at all.”

Here’s the full interview with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie. Well worth the watching. Omarosa is incredibly disrespectful and demeaning to Guthrie.

Trump Admits “Tapes” Comment Was An Empty Bluff

President Trump finally admitted today that he was bluffing when he brought up the possibility that he had recorded conversations with former FBI Director James Comey.

As folks will recall, back in May, just days after Comey’s firing, Trump tweeted: “James Comey better hope that there are no “tapes” of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!”

For weeks reporters have asked whether this was or was not true, and if true when would the President provide those “tapes” to the public?

Via Twitter today, Trump wrote, “With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea… whether there are “tapes” or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.”

Clearly, Trump was merely making stuff up in order to intimidate Comey. When scared, he bluffs.

During his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee, Comey welcomed the idea of such recordings saying, “Lordy, I hope there are tapes.”

House Committee Demands Any Recordings Between Trump And James Comey

Does he, or doesn’t he?

The House committee looking into Russian interference in the 2016 election are asking the White House to release any recordings of chats between former FBI Director James Comey and President Trump.

From The Hill:

A House panel led by Reps. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) sent a letter on Friday to White House counsel Don McGahn demanding the release of any “tapes” of conversations between Comey and Trump. The president first suggested the existence of such tapes after Comey revealed that he wrote memos of his private conversations with Trump leading up to his firing.

Conaway and Schiff are representing the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence’s Russia investigation, and a separate bipartisan group of Senate Judiciary Committee members led by Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) also sent letters requesting the notes Comey wrote documenting the same meetings with Trump.

The Senate group requested the memos from Professor Daniel Richman, the friend Comey gave his notes to, and the House group requested any memos still in Comey’s possession.

Schiff and Conaway provided a deadline of June 23.

My guess is there are no “tapes.”

This was a case of Trump saying something false to throw Comey off balance. But most probably an empty, hollow threat.

At this point, Comey is so resolute in his recounting of the “let Flynn go” story, any actual recording would most probably confirm Comey’s version of the story.

White House Refuses To Deny Oval Office Recordings

What kind of game is the White House playing in hinting that President Trump may have recorded Oval Office meetings with unwitting colleagues?

At today’s press briefing, White House Press Secretary repeatedly refused to confirm OR deny the existence of such recordings.

One reporter asked, “Is the White House intending to cooperate with those requests and furnish that information as requested in writing?”

“I think I made it clear last week that the president has nothing further on that,” replied Spicer.

That same reporter attempted for some kind of clarity on the issue: “Does that mean the president will deny –” but Spicer stopped her.

“I think I said – I was very clear – the President would have nothing further,” Spicer said.

Two more reporters tried to get past the stonewalling stance, but Spicer refused again repeating some version of the same statement.

Very odd.

Watch below.