Fox News’ Kimberly Guilfoyle In Talks To Be Next White House Press Secretary

(photo via Instagram)

This seems a bit premature, but hey, with the Trump administration every day’s a new frontier.

From Mercury News:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, the former first lady of San Francisco and current Fox News host, is in conversations with the Trump administration about becoming White House press secretary, she said in an exclusive interview with the Bay Area News Group Monday night.

Guilfoyle said the idea of her taking the job or another press role in the White House has been “raised by a number of people” in the Trump administration, although she declined to go into specifics. She said she’s regularly in touch with members of the administration in the course of her job.

“I’m a patriot, and it would be an honor to serve the country,” Guilfoyle said. “I think it’d be a fascinating job. It’s a challenging job, and you need someone really determined and focused, a great communicator in there with deep knowledge to be able to handle that position.”

Trump Threatens To Cancel White House Press Briefings

In addition to making threats to former FBI Director James Comey, President Trump also had a Twitter meltdown this morning over his communication team’s bumbling with the daily White House press briefings.

Trump went so far as to say “As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy! Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future “press briefings” and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???”

It’s worth noting that the reporters are at the White House as part of the effort to keep a government, including the president, transparent. And, to keep the American public informed of our elected officials actions.

And then there’s that whole First Amendment thing…

Press briefings are not about stroking a president or their administration.