I totally thought I was crazy when it seemed like CNN missed the midnight countdown into 2023 in the Central Time zone last night. Turns out I was right. Continue reading “Oops! CNN Misses Midnight Countdown Into 2023”
Dreamland, the immersive LGBTQ+ art, music and wellness festival, returns to Miami Beach this New Year’s Weekend. Continue reading “Dreamland Returns To Miami Beach New Year’s Weekend”
Andy Cohen may have called ABC’s 50-year-old New Year’s Rockin’ Eve a “group of losers,” but the Nielsen ratings tell a different tale. Continue reading “Andy Cohen Called ABC’s NYE Show ‘Losers’ But Guess Who Won The Ratings?”
The aftermath of Andy Cohen’s inebriated performance on CNN’s New Year’s Eve LIVE telecast spilled into Monday as Cohen addressed his antics on his radio show. Continue reading “Andy Cohen Does Have ONE Regret About NYE High Jinks”
Bravo TV celeb Andy Cohen got a bit messy with his alcohol last night while co-hosting CNN’s New Year’s Eve LIVE celebration with news anchor Anderson Cooper. Continue reading “Andy Cohen Got A Bit Messy On-Air During CNN’s NYE LIVE Celebration”
My final post of 2021. Here’s wishing everyone a happy and safe New Year’s celebration. I’ll be home on my couch with wonder pups Scarlett and Brody and a glass of champagne hours before midnight. Continue reading “News Round-Up: December 31, 2021”
Catching up on some of the day’s headlines:
• The Advocate: Target’s Pride Nutcracker is making the yuletide gayer selling out in stores across the country thanks to its popularity on social media. Continue reading “News Round-Up: November 15, 2021”
Some news items you might have missed:
• News Observer: LGBTQ people in North Carolina can no longer be prevented from getting domestic violence protective orders, the N.C. Court of Appeals ruled Thursday. North Carolina had been the only state in the country to withhold emergency protections from people seeking protection from abuse by a same-sex partner.
• Instinct Magazine: My editor at my other journalistic home, Adam Dupuis, shares this wild and wooly tale of a stalker who utilized 11 different email accounts and numerous Growlr accounts in order to cyberstalk him. #strangeness
• 54Below: My fabulous friend (and Tony Award nominee) Norm Lewis has the perfect song for tonight – from his recent Feinstein’s/54 Below streaming concert NORM LEWIS: Christmastime Is Here!
• Facebook: Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska) wrote a lengthy breakdown of efforts to undermine the election, concluding there was no evidence of voter fraud. Sasse adds that – in private chats – no Republicans in Congress think the election was stolen.
• NBC News: Grafton Police have arrested the Aurora Health Care pharmacist who intentionally spoiled more than 500 doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine valued around $8,000 to $11,000. He has been arrested on charges of first degree recklessly endangering safety, adulterating a prescription drug, and criminal damage to property.
• Washington Examiner: Donald Trump promised in the 2016 campaign to eliminate the federal debt over a two-term presidency. Instead, he will leave office having added massively to the debt. Since his inauguration, the total national debt has increased 30% from nearly $20 trillion to $27 trillion as of Monday.
.@realDonaldTrump promised in the 2016 campaign to eliminate the federal debt over a two-term presidency.
That pledge won’t come to fruition, and, in fact, he will leave office having added massively to the debt.https://t.co/sd7nPlQ3BC
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 31, 2020
While it was fun to see SNL alum Cheri Oteri revive to her ‘Barbara Walters’ persona for New Year’s Eve, it was even more hysterical watching Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper laugh uncontrollably during the clip.
|Madonna prepares to surprise the NYE crowd at the iconic Stonewall Inn in NYC|
Madonna surprised the crowd last night with a midnight appearance at the iconic Stonewall Inn in New York City.
Madge was recently named a ‘Stonewall Ambassador’ by Pride Live to help bring awareness to this year’s 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising on June 28, 2019. In honor of the anniversary, World Pride is being held in New York City this year.
Appearing onstage in an appropriate melange of leather, chains and glitter, the Queen of Pop noted, “This is the smallest stage I’ve ever been on.”
She then went on to address the diverse crowd about the memory and revolution of Stonewall (via Boy Culture):
“I see you! I stand here, proudly, at the place where Pride began, the legendary Stonewall Inn, and the birth of a new year.
“We come together tonight to celebrate 50 years of revolution. Fifty years of freedom-fighting. Fifty years of blood, sweat and tears — can I get an amen?! Fifty years of sacrifice. Fifty years of standing up to discrimination, hatred and — worst of all — indifference.
“And it all started here, at Stonewall. Let us never forget the Stonewall Riots and those who bravely stood up and said, Enough. Enough brutality, enough violence inflicted on this community, enough stigmatism, enough oppression, enough pain and suffering.
“We must never forget where we came from.”
Madonna then launched into an acoustic version of her mega-hit “Like A Prayer.” That was followed by a duet of the Elvis classic, “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” with her son, David, on guitar.
View this post on InstagramI made it Thru The Wilderness……….🔥🔥🔥 Back stage at STONEWALL INN!! 🏳️🌈 2019 came. in with a Bang!! 💥! #stonewall #pride #50th #newyear #newlifeA post shared by Madonna (@madonna) on Jan 1, 2019 at 10:47am PST
What could be better than bringing in the New Year with The Queen and her beautifully talented son? Ummm…having a conversation with The Queen ( please, I hope someone recorded those MoMents 🙏🏻 ). Thank you, @madonna and the people who made this possible (I love you guys More than you know!!!) – you just made every shitty thing that happened in 2018 so Much better. 2019 is already looking up 🙏🏻👑 Special thanks to My hubby, who always supports My Madness!!! I love you to the Moon and back!!! ***If you repost My video, please make sure it is properly credited – Thank you!!!***
@madonna stopped by @thestonewallinn tonight, courtesy of @prideliveofficial, to ring in the new year with song. Thank you, Madonna, for helping us welcome the historic 50th anniversary year of the Stonewall riots with fellow #StonewallAmbassadors @levijfoster and @ryanjamaalswain. Happy 2019, rebels! #madonna #stonewall #stonewallinn #NYE #newyearseve #lgbtq #stonewallriots