Don’t you hate it when folks come up to you in public, immediately jump into conversation like they know you, but you have NO IDEA who they are?
The latest episode from Matt Wilkas and Daniel Vincent Gordh’s self-titled web series, Matt & Dan, takes the ‘where do I know you from?’ scenario and ramps up the socially awkward score to Level 10.
In ‘Best Friends For Never,’ Matt (above) is grabbing some java on his way to CrossFit class when Dan spots him from across the coffee shop.
Dan: “Oh, my god…Ben!”
Matt: (draws total blank) “So fun…”(not)
Amid weird hugs and kisses, Matt tries to decipher where he knows Dan from, but…nothing.
Every question is met with a dodge even though Dan clearly knows a LOT about Matt’s life – his recent birthday party, his gym workout schedule…
When Matt’s friend ‘Sarah’ (guest star Julia Cho) gets dragged into the increasingly weird meet-up, she tries to divine some background (“Are you in Jill’s Pilates class? Northwestern?”), but only finds herself further and further in the Twilight Zone.
We won’t give away where it all goes, but props to the duo for the deliciously off-kilter encounter.
Plus – bonus points for Matt Wilkas in a tank top 🙂
• #TBT: The above photo was from one of my last headshot sessions while I was still an actor. I hated having to take headshots. I remember early on in New York City, I was sitting for one photographer. He told me, “Turn away, then look at me and think ‘SEXY.’ I turned away and then shifted back to the camera…but there was no click as the photographer said, “Umm, no…” And there you have it LOL.
• Splinter: Friends say the Dayton shooter’s slain sibling was transgender.
• The Hill: House Republicans in the Illinois delegation are calling for President Trump to not commute the prison sentence of former Democratic Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who is serving 14 years on federal corruption charges.
• Advocate: Donald Trump attacked another gay journalist. This time out Fox News anchor Shepard Smith, one of the few Fox personalities willing to criticize him, as worse than “Fake News CNN.” Trump has previously denounced CNN’s Don Lemon calling him “dumb.”
• Axios: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wrote a letter to President Trump on Thursday asking him to use his Article II powers to call the Senate back into session in order to consider gun control legislation passed in the House.
• Web Series: Funnymen Matthew Wilkas & Dan Gordh are back with Season two of their absurdist sketch series, Matt & Dan. The comedy duo promises more guest stars, bigger wigs, and more twisted, uncomfortable situations.
Premiering August 15, the eight episodes in Season 2 will include a zombie apocalypse, surviving a plane crash in the Himalayas, and stripping at a bachelorette party.
Dropping the trailer for their new Matt & Dan web series, Matt Wilkas (Gayby, New York Is Dead) ( and Daniel Vincent Gordh (The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Eastsiders) describe the project as “some funny sometimes gay stuff.”
You may also know Wilkas as Gus Kenworthy’s boyfriend who received the kiss seen round the world at the Winter Olympics this year 😉
Season One starts next Wednesday but you can check out the trailer below.
• Politico reports that the incoming Trump administration is frantically trying to place a Hispanic official in a high level position due to criticism that his cabinet is practically all white guys.
• Check out the newly released extended trailer for the upcoming Lifetime Channel’s remake of the 1988 Bette Midler classic film, Beaches, starring Idina Menzel as “C.C.” (originally played by Bette Midler) and Nia Long (The Best Man Holiday). The flick debuts January 21st.