President Biden surprised Elton John, legendary pop singer and songwriter, Friday night with the National Humanities Medal leaving the ‘Tiny Dancer’ singer “flabbergasted and humbled.” Continue reading “President Biden Surprised Elton John With Humanities Honor”
Overturned Truck Spills Sex Toys Across Highway + More News
Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: A semi-truck hauling sex toys and personal lubricant overturned on an Oklahoma highway. The reporter in the local news chopper was at a loss for words when asked what was covering the road. Continue reading “Overturned Truck Spills Sex Toys Across Highway + More News”
Elton John & Britney Spears ‘Hold Me Closer’
Out international pop star Elton John teams with newly-independent Britney Spears on the highly-anticipated single, “Hold Me Closer.” Continue reading “Elton John & Britney Spears ‘Hold Me Closer’”
Elton John Praises Lil Nas X: “A Seismic Shift” In Hip-Hop Music
International superstar Elton John recently told BBC Radio that he sees Grammy Award winner Lil Nas X as a “seismic” talent as well as a “much-needed breath of fresh air.” Continue reading “Elton John Praises Lil Nas X: “A Seismic Shift” In Hip-Hop Music”
News Round-Up: September 16, 2021
Some news items you might have missed:
• Boy Culture: Tom Hardy (above), easily one of my favorite actors (and eye-candy) celebrates his 44th trip around the sun today. BC has a round-up of some of his more eye-catching moments in film. Continue reading “News Round-Up: September 16, 2021”
Elton John & Dua Lipa Dance Across The Universe In ‘Cold Heart (PNAU)’
Music legend Elton John and pop superstar Dua Lipa release their new dance collaboration today, “Cold Heart (PNAU Remix).” Continue reading “Elton John & Dua Lipa Dance Across The Universe In ‘Cold Heart (PNAU)’”
Sunday Slowdown: Pentatonix Covers ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight?’
Randy Report favorite Pentatonix serves up elegant musical magic with their cover of “Can You Feel The Love Tonight?” from Elton John’s The Lion King.
Just. Gorgeous. The Grammy Award winners knock this outta the park.
Hit play and let the music take you there.
The track is available on iTunes, Amazon and all digital download sites.
And yes, I bought it 😉
Check out my previous posts on the talented group here.
Elton John Oscars Pre-Party Hosted By Neil Patrick Harris Goes Virtual
The 29th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Pre-Party will be hosted by Emmy® and Tony Award®-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris alongside Sir Elton John and David Furnish on April 25, 2021.
The virtual event – powered by powered by Cisco Webex – will include a stripped back performance by GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Dua Lipa for the virtual event along with other all-star guests to be announced.
For the first time, Foundation supporters worldwide are invited to attend the famed Oscar party by joining a 60-minute Pre-Show Special.
“This year, we are bringing our Oscar Party into people’s homes for the first time virtually for an unforgettable evening with David (Furnish), myself, our dear friend Neil Patrick Harris and the incredible Dua Lipa plus many fabulous surprise names,’ says Sir Elton John, Founder, Elton John AIDS Foundation.
“Now more than ever, we need to ensure that one pandemic does not override another, and we cannot forget the 38 million people living with HIV globally who need our care, love and support so we hope everyone joins us for this special one of a kind Oscar Pre-Party.”
Since the annual event’s inception in 1992, The Academy Awards Viewing Party has supported the Elton John AIDS Foundation’s efforts to raise millions for their lifesaving work. With its presence across four continents, the Foundation is committed to overcome the stigma, discrimination and neglect that keeps us from ending AIDS.
Fans can purchase tickets to the Oscar Pre-Show special for $19.99 via Ticketmaster here.
Please visit www.eltonjohnaidsfoundation.org for additional information.
Holiday Playlist To Keep Your Christmas Day Merry & Bright
Bringing you 10 holiday songs for your uber-gay Christmas Day.
All of these artists are proudly LGBTQ and celebrated for their artistry in their respective genres.
1. George Michael (back in his Wham! days) delivered unto us this now-required listening holiday pop gem, “Last Christmas,” in 1986.
2. Out country hunk Ty Herndon takes the iconic “O Come All Ye Faithful” into African rhythm territory here, and it totes works.
3. It doesn’t get any more camp than this: the first true bear band, Bearforce1, with their holiday mashup, “Christmas is here!”
4. Two-time Out Music Award winner Matt Zarley covered Mariah Carey’s “Miss You Most At Christmastime” to spectacular result as part of his ‘UnCOVERED’ cover song series.
5. Award-winning cabaret star Ann Hampton Callaway offers this uber-jazzy “Jingle Bells.”
6. Before winning an Emmy Award as an insane murderer on American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Darren Criss’ “Blaine” was singing and dancing the holiday classic “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” in high style with out actor Chris Colfer’s “Kurt” on GLEE.
7. Tony Award winner Levi Kreis (Million Dollar Quartet) gives you a little bit gospel, a little bit rockabilly on his new cover of “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.”
8. Elton John released his “Step Into Christmas” in 1973 and it raced all the way to #1 on the Billboard Christmas Singles chart that year.
9. Handsome out smooth jazz saxophonist Dave Koz shared this cover of “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)” on his 1997 release, December Makes Me Feel This Way.
10. Bright Light Bright Light gifted us with this synth-pop version of the classic “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”
News Round-Up: July 30, 2020
Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: Woofy Phillip Evelyn II (above) is giving you full-on Ninja-ness in this post. #Dang Follow him on the Gram of Insta here.
• Pink News: A homophobe in South Dakota went on a profanity-heavy anti-gay rant while burning an LGBTQ Pride flag during a Facebook video. The local district attorney says he won’t be pursuing hate crime charges despite the video.
• CBS News: President Barack Obama’s powerful eulogy at the funeral of the late civil rights leader, Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), was perfection. Obama said Americans should honor Lewis’ legacy by continuing to work for democracy and voting rights. “He, as much as anyone in our history, brought this country a little bit closer to our highest ideals.” Hit the play button to hear a president speak about someone other than themself (and in complete sentences).
• Courthouse News: Federal prosecutors have agreed to abandon the gag order against Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer and current felon, Michael Cohen. Cohen is now free to use social media, participate in interviews, and release his Trump tell-all book, which is due go on sale in September.
• Fox News: File this under ‘metaphors you could never make up.’ Vice President Mike Pence’s campaign bus collided with a dump truck today while stumping in Western Pennsylvania.
• Gay Star News: International pop star Elton John shared the 30th anniversary of his sobriety with his Instagram followers writing, “If I hadn’t finally taken the big step of asking for help 30 years ago, I’d be dead. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the people who have inspired and supported me along the way.”
View this post on Instagram
Reflecting on the most magical day having celebrated my 30th Sobriety Birthday. So many lovely cards, flowers and chips from my sons, David, friends in the Program, staff at the office and in our homes. I’m truly a blessed man. If I hadn’t finally taken the big step of asking for help 30 years ago, I’d be dead. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart to all the people who have inspired and supported me along the way. 🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️❤️😇😇