Check out the trailer for Season 2 of Finding Fire Island, the GLAAD-nominated documentary series and the first to document the history of Cherry Grove and The Fire Island Pines.
Created, executive produced, and narrated by Jess Rothschild, Finding Fire Island takes us behind the curtain of the mystique and lore of Fire Island and talks to folks who experienced the gay mecca’s evolution from the 1950s to today. Continue reading “Trailer: ‘Finding Fire Island’ Season 2”
The new docu-series Alphabet Soup reveals candid thoughts and encounters between diverse queer singles looking to mingle or marry, from initial texts to hook ups and beyond.
OnlyFans content creator Matthew Camp (via Instagram) I’ll definitely be tuning in for the new docu-series Click Boys which takes a peek behind the camera of OnlyFans content creators. Regular readers know I have a fascination with the OnlyFans platform. Not for the porn of it, but the financial possibilities it’s opened up for adult content creators. Continue reading “Docu-Series ‘Click Boys’ Goes Behind The Scenes Of OnlyFans Creators”
Decades of struggle, revolution, and love. FX’s new six-part documentary, PRIDE, premieres May 14 at 8pm on FX, next day on FX on Hulu. From the official description:
Featuring little-known characters such as Madeleine Tress or 1980s videographer Nelson Sullivan who chronicled a vanishing downtown New York City during the AIDS epidemic, the series also features international figures such as Civil Rights pioneer Bayard Rustin, writer Audre Lorde and Senators Tammy Baldwin and Lester Hunt.
The evolution of trans rights and identities through the decades is charted through interviews and archival footage of pioneers including Christine Jorgensen, Flawless Sabrina, Ceyenne Doroshow, Susan Stryker, Kate Bornstein, Dean Spade and Raquel Willis.
Jonathan Hernandez (screen capture)The New York Postreports Jonathan Hernandez, brother of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, tells Dr. Oz that his brother came out to their mother during a tearful prison visit. In his first TV appearance since the premiere of the Netflix true-crime documentary series Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez, Jonathan says his brother told his mother, Terri Hernandez, he was gay prior to his 2017 suicide. “He’s like, ‘Mom, you’re going to die never knowing your son,’” Hernandez says in the interview scheduled to air today. “My mom being my mom, started mouthing with Aaron, and they started bickering back and forth, and all of a sudden they have this conversation, and they’re both flooded with tears across from each other.” Putting the moment in context, Jonathan adds, “Here’s the weight of what’s on my brother being expressed, and for a mother to be looking at it across from the scratched glass.”
One of the questions Killer Inside explores is whether the fear that kept Aaron’s sexuality hidden might have been a driving force for killing his former friend Odin Lloyd in 2013. Hernandez was serving a life sentence for the crime at the time of his death. Dr. Oz asks Jonathan his thoughts on a possible motive during the interview. “That’s one of the questions and, you know, head-scratchers that they still have regarding really this entire case,” says the brother. “There’s just so many questions regarding everything. And, for me to sit here and say it was this or that, I can’t say. All you can do is look at the evidence that was provided.” Jonathan Hernandez speaks to Dr. Oz In another segment, Dr. Oz asks how Hernandez’s father Dennis (who died in 2006) might have responded to Aaron sharing he had ‘conflicting thoughts’ on his sexuality. “I don’t know if he would have been able to finish his sentence,” Jonathan said. “My dad would have thought he could beat that out of him.”
Earlier this week, Aaron’s former fiancee said she didn’t know if he was gay. “If he did feel that way, or if he felt the urge, I wish that I was told,” Shayanna Jenkins told Good Morning America. “I wish that he would have told me because I wouldn’t have loved him any differently. I would have understood. It’s not shameful.” (source: New York Post)
E! has announced an eight-part, one-hour documentary series titled I Am Cait, which will illustrate Caitlyn Jenner living her life as a transgender woman and telling her intimate story as she seeks out her “new normal,” according to the press release:
Living for the first time as the person she feels she was born to be, the series will also explore what Cait’s transition means for all of the people in her life and how those relationships are affected.
I Am Cait will premiere on Sunday, July 26, at 9 p.m.
Bruce Jenner vidclip started w/ slate: “The following was recorded specifically for this event on May 7 in Malibu.” Hmmm #Upfronts2015
— Cynthia Littleton (@Variety_Cynthia) May 14, 2015
Bruce Jenner E! clip shows Kris Jenner crying, other K’s discussing. Bruce’s VO sez “I can’t wait to introduce you to her.” #upfronts2015
— Cynthia Littleton (@Variety_Cynthia) May 14, 2015
Bruce Jenner says he's excited to make a difference in transgender community in new look at his E! summer docuseries shown at #upfronts2015— Elizabeth Wagmeister (@EWagmeister) May 14, 2015
The unscripted, 11-part series will be produced by This Is Just A Test and is set for a premiere date of summer 2015.
Called “All That Jazz,” the show will document Jenning’s journey as she navigates life as a transgender teen.
“We know that families come in all shapes and sizes, but at their core, they are all about love, acceptance, and support. Only TLC can tell this family’s story in way that celebrates and demystifies difference in an effort to help create a world without prejudice,” Marjorie Kaplan, Group President, TLC & Animal Planet, said in a statement.
Although former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken came up second on election night for his now-failed Congressional campaign, he quickly announced that he would be the focus of a “docu-series” (read that “reality show”) filmed throughout his campaign.
Apparently, this news has angered some of his supporters who now say they feel “duped” in regard to the filming that went on at events during the campaign.
Actor/producer Steve Tyler organized a fundraiser at the home of EXTRA correspondent Michael Corbett during the election cycle, and has written a letter to Aiken expressing his disappointment over Aiken’s “back-up plan.”
Hi Clay
Again, I am sorry for the loss on your bid for Congress, but apparently you had yourself covered with a reality TV show deal the entire time, just in case you didn’t win. I cannot speak for the NC Voters or contributors, but I can speak for myself and many of your Los Angeles supporters when I say we feel duped, taken advantage of and lied to. When we were asked to sign waivers by your film crew, we were told it was for a BBC documentary that would not air here in the United States.
I have received calls from many supporters at the LA fundraiser all demanding that the LA event not be included in your TV show, as the crew misrepresented use of the filming. It is obvious you had this TV deal prior to the votes being tabulated as GOOD MORNING AMERICA announced the deal just hours after votes were barely in.
On a personal level, I worked very hard convincing people of your integrity, viability and the need for them to donate. It all reflects badly on my credibility amongst donors because of your actions. Now it looks like I deceived donors.
I do hope you realize this prevents you from ever running again for an elected office. You will no longer be credible as someone that wants to help the public more than your need for fame. Had the LA donors known you would personally benefit from their donations and appearance at the event – they would not have donated to your campaign. Your TV deal was announced all over TV yesterday and in the Los Angeles Times today.
It pains me to write this because I so believed your Congressional Campaign was for the right reasons and the greater good. Obviously I misjudged you.
Respectfully
Steve Tyler
Read more about the whole kerfuffle at FrontiersLA.