Pastor Ken “Pulse Nightclub Gays Got What They Deserve” Adkins Arrested For Child Molestation

Pastor Ken Adkins, who earlier this summer tweeted that the folks killed in the Pulse Nightclub massacre got “what they deserve,” has been arrested this morning for child molestation.

From the local CBS affiliate:

A Georgia pastor and and conservative political activist was arrested Friday morning on charges of child molestation and aggravated child molestation.

Ken Adkins, 56, of St. Simons Island turned himself into police at about 9 a.m., according to officials with Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

GBI was requested on Aug. 12 to assist officials with the accusations against Adkins. Adkins is currently in the Glynn County Jail.

The investigation is ongoing. Adkins has one church with locations in Brunswick, Jacksonville and Atlanta, according to his website.

Adkins recently came under fire when he tweeted “homosexuals got what they deserved” after the deadly mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub. His Twitter account has been set to private.

Why is it always these super-religious zealots that end up being the child predators?

Watch the report below.

(image via JoeMyGod)

(h/t JoeMyGod)

Former GOP Speaker Of The House Dennis Hastert Admits To Sex Abuse, Sentenced to 15 Months In Prison

Former Republican House Speaker Dennis Hastert was sentenced to 15 months in jail for bank fraud charges after admitting in court that he had sexually abused students during his tenure as a high school wrestling coach years ago.

From Huffington Post:

U.S. District Judge Thomas Durkin sentenced Hastert to the jail time, followed by two years of supervised release, and issued him a $250,000 fine. The former speaker must also attend sex offender treatment and will not be allowed to contact his alleged victims, Durkin added.

The statute of limitations for the abuse allegations has lapsed, and the banking charges carry a maximum sentence of five years. The recommended sentence was zero to five months, and Hastert’s defense argued that the 74-year-old should be given probation due in part to his age and his failing health.

While looking into some large, unreported cash withdrawals Hastert had made, federal investigators learned the former speaker had been accused of abusing or having inappropriate sexual contact with at least five students while working as a high school teacher and wrestling coach some 40 years ago.

They determined that Hastert began structuring cash withdrawals to avoid bank reporting rules in 2010, and that he used the money to pay off an alleged victim known in court filings as “Individual A.”

Hastert said in court that he had “mistreated” his students and athletes.

“I’m deeply ashamed to be standing here today,” Hastert told the judge, adding that he is getting professional help.

An alleged victim previously known only as Individual D testified in court on Wednesday, and identified himself as 53-year-old Scott Cross.

“I respected and trusted Coach Hastert,” Cross said. “Coach Hastert sexually abused me in 1979, my senior year in high school.”

Cross described how Hastert offered to massage him after wrestling practice one day under the guise of helping him make weight. He said Hastert asked him to lie down, then removed his shorts and fondled his genitals.

“I always felt what Coach Hastert had done to me was my darkest secret,” said Cross, who was 17 when the alleged abuse took place.

Cross’ brother, Tom Cross, is one of Hastert’s longtime political allies.

As Speaker of the House, Hastert was second in line for the presidency.
Sadly ironic, before Hastert retired from politics, he ‘championed’ tough consequences for child molesters.

TLC To Revive “19 Kids & Counting” In Spite Of Scandalous History

Here’s some news you probably thought you’d never read.

TLC is reviving it’s once hit show “19 Kids & Counting” in spite of the Duggar family’s wide-spread scandals last year which included hiring prostitutes, infidelity and child molestation.

Via the Christian Post:

The stars of the series recently suffered through some scandals when it was revealed that Joshua Duggar took part in AshleyMadison.com, a website that serves as an online dating site for married men. With the family known as devout Christians, the news of Joshua’s infidelity led to the show’s cancellation.

According to Variety, the executive vice president of TLC, Nancy Daniels, recently shared some details about how the series coped with the scandals. She stated, “Every decision we’ve made has been done very thoughtfully and very carefully about what is in the best interests of the people involved and the network. Our first priority is making sure that there’s a health and well-being of our families first and foremost. We feature stories of different families with real people and real things happen.”

Fans are still interested in learning more about the rest of the family and how the scandal had affected them. With that, TLC released several episodes of “Jill & Jessa: Counting On,” which showed the sisters coping with the scandal’s aftermath.

After seeing the success of the short series, it was announced that TLC will be bringing back “19 Kids & Counting” to the small screen.

Throughout the show, the family was presented as the pristine, perfect “Christian” family. The picture was complete with episodes of campaigning against LGBT rights and what eventually was revealed to be hypocritical behavior.

Click here for more of my coverage of the Duggars.

TLC Officially Cancels Scandal-Ridden “19 Kids and Counting”

TLC has officially announced the cancellation of the reality series “19 Kids and Counting” featuring the scandal-ridden Duggar family.

“We spent the past month and a half in thoughtful consideration about what is the best way forward here,” said Marjorie Kaplan, group president of TLC, Animal Planet and Velocity networks.

In a move to redirect the attention and public outcry, TLC also announced it has teamed with two prominent child-protection organizations for an ongoing campaign to raise awareness about child sexual abuse.

The multi-platform initiative will begin with a one-hour, commercial-free documentary likely airing in late August, the network said. It will include the participation of Jill and Jessa Duggar, two of the sisters Josh Duggar touched inappropriately, as well as other survivors and families affected by such abuse.

“We took it as an opportunity to step further than just ‘How do we protect ourselves?’ and step into ‘How do we protect our audience and protect children?'” Kaplan said. “Our hope is to do more of that, in a way that’s thoughtful and respectful of the victims of child abuse — in the Duggar family and across America.”

TLC is partnering with Darkness to Light, whose mission is providing interested parties with techniques for protecting children from sexual abuse, and RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), which describes itself as the nation’s largest anti-sexual-violence organization.

A series of reports surfaced in May regarding eldest son Josh Duggar, who had apparently molested his sisters and others 12 years ago while still a teen.

During the run of “19 Kids” the Duggar family presented itself as morally superior due to their “Christian” lifestyle, and had openly campaigned against civil rights for LGBT Americans.

Just a few weeks ago, a non-Duggar family member was reported to be preparing a civil suit against Josh Duggar for the alleged molestation.

Non-Family Victim Prepares To File Civil Lawsuit Against Josh Duggar

The Duggar family molestation story returns to the headlines as it seems a non-Duggar family victim is preparing to file a civil lawsuit against Josh Duggar.

The shocking development means that Josh and his parents Jim Bob and Michelle could be forced to give depositions and testify about Josh’s molestation scandal. The Duggars likely will have to answer every question as they will not be able to invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination because the criminal statute of limitations has expired.

The family is once again under investigation the Department of Human Services and the fate of their reality show 19 Kids and Counting is still undecided.

The impending lawsuit sets up a nightmare scenario for TLC: if the network brings back 19 Kids and Counting, the show could be on the air while the Duggars are fighting a lawsuit that exposes all of Josh’s secrets surrounding the molestations and how the family covered it up.

Duggars: Josh Is “Technically” Not A Pedophile Because He Wasn’t An Adult When He Molested Sisters

Josh Duggar

Last night, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar (of 19 Kids and Counting fame) spoke with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly about the ongoing scandal regarding their son’s admission of sexually molesting several young girls (including his sisters) when he was in his mid-teens.

The Duggars came armed with statements like:

“He said he was just curious about girls and he had gone in and just basically touched them over their clothes while they were sleeping; they didn’t even know he had done it.”

“This was like touching somebody over their clothes. There were a couple instances where he touched them under their clothes. This was not rape or anything like that.”

The parents explained that Josh gave a full account of his actions to an Arkansas State Trooper. Although no charges were filed, the teenager received a “stern” talking-to from the officer.

That officer, Joseph Hutchens, now serving a decades-long prison sentence for child pornography. “We had no idea what that officer was going through,” Jim Bob said.

When asked about robocalls Michelle Duggar recorded opposing transgender rights that suggested transgender folks were just trying to get into girls bathroom for sexual reasons, Jim Bob Duggar told Kelly that his wife “actually said pedophile in that robocall. And actually a pedophile is an adult that preys on children. Joshua was actually 14 and just turned 15 when he did what he did. I think the legal definition is 16 and up for an adult preying on a child. He was a child preying on a child.”

Josh Duggar, himself, has not commented on the scandal since it broke two weeks ago. At the time he issued a short statement saying he had “acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends.”

View the full interview with Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar below:

Police Report Indicates Josh Duggar Confessed On Three Occasions To Multiple Acts Of Sexual Molestation

Josh Duggar

From In Touch:

Josh Duggar confessed to his father Jim Bob Duggar on THREE separate occasions to multiple acts of sexual molestation against his sisters and a family friend, according to a new police report obtained exclusively by In Touch magazine.

The document also makes clear that Josh was 15 years old when he molested his 5-year-old sister and committed at least SEVEN acts of sexual molestation.

The new report is from the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and was obtained by In Touch using the Freedom of Information Act. In Touch broke the story about Josh’s dark past and previously obtained and published a Springdale Police Department report about the molestations, also by using FOIA.

With fewer redactions than the first report, the Washington County Sheriff’s document makes it clear that despite Josh’s chilling confessions the Duggars waited at least 16 months before contacting authorities about the molestations, even though the behavior was continuing and growing worse.

During that period they did not get professional counseling for Josh or his victims.

Legal experts tell In Touch that Jim Bob and Michelle could have faced six years in prison for their inaction, if the statute of limitations had not expired.

Fox News’ Megyn Kelly will interview Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar tonight on her show. It will be interesting to see if Kelly brings up this new information.

The Duggars Respond To Sexual Abuse Debacle

From Funny Or Die, this parody is actually more funny in that the two actors are pretty much telling the true story of the Josh Duggar scandal.

Clip description: Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, stars of 19 Kids and Counting, finally come forward to tell their side of totally covering up their son Josh’s sexual molestation scandal.

Jim Bob Duggar: Incest Should Be Punishable By Death

Gawker has an interesting story regarding 19 Kids& Counting celeb Jim Bob Duggar, father of admitted child molester Josh Duggar, whose position on incest seems to have evolved since his 2002 campaign for US Senate.

Jim Bob’s platform on his campaign website—preserved via web cache—states that he believes “rape and incest represent heinous crimes and as such should be treated as capital crimes.” Jim Bob offered this belief to explain his position on abortion (only acceptable if both the mother and the baby were going to die anyway, of course):

Click pic to enlarge

Jim Bob lost the Republican nomination for Senate to Arkansas’ incumbent Senator Tim Hutchinson. His son Josh remained very much alive and went on to molest several underage girls including some of his sisters from 2002-2003.