Some news items you might have missed:
• Ignacio Pérez Rey (above) ain’t afraid of no Hump Day.
• A disbarred former anti-LGBT Michigan assistant attorney general who terrorized an openly gay student at the University of Michigan says he wants his law license back because this is now Trump Nation: “With Donald Trump now in the White House, conservative Christians like me will no longer tolerate being railroaded by the liberal elite.”
• Democrat Doug Jones has (barely) taken the lead in the upcoming special election race for U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ former U.S. Senate seat. Fox News puts the Dem one point ahead of anti-LGBT GOP candidate Roy Moore 46%-45%.
• The Defense Department has issued orders that no green card holders may enlist in the Army effective immediately. This is contrary to federal law which states any “alien who is lawfully admitted for permanent residence” may be enlisted in “any armed force.” #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmm
• According to a new Morning Consult/Politico poll, 46% of those surveyed agree with Donald Trump that the mainstream media makes up “fake news” about Donald Trump. I disagree – I know many major news reporters and producers and they care about their reputations as professionals too much to lie just for a quick click.
• Watch below as Kellogg characters Tony the Tiger, Ernie Keebler and more share an important tomorrow’s Spirit Day message, encouraging everyone to speak out against bullying.