|Out artist Raph Solo drops his new music video, “Love Lives.”|
Some news items you may have missed:
• The Rhode Island state House just voted to ban so-called “conversion therapy” for LGBT minors. The bill now heads to the Senate.
• A top Russian diplomat vehemently denies verified reports of gay men being tortured in Chechnya.
• Donald Trump’s recent tweets show he doesn’t really understand how the U.S. Senate works.
• From a new study: In 2015, LGB students reported being bullied on school property at a rate of 34 percent compared to 19 percent for straight students.
• If you love pop culture as much as I do, head over to Boy Culture’s awesome collection of opening credits of classic TV shows.
• Out musician Raph Solo recently dropped the music video to his new single, “Love Lives,” a celebration of his long journey to self-acceptance. Solo, who once tried so-called “conversion therapy” in an attempt to change his sexuality, says “I have worked very hard to gain the self-respect and acceptance I enjoy today.”
Solo also shares that the music video is meant to show a different side of the artist, complete with “tongue in cheek” choreography: “I dance a lot in this one! It’s all very tongue-and cheek compared to my previous story-based, cinematic music videos. I hope fans like the choreography and chutzpah.” Check out the video below.