Some news items you might have missed:
• Is it weird that I think InstaHunk Ignacio Pérez Rey (above) rocks these board shorts even better than a Speedo?
• A federal judge in Maryland has lifted his order against President Trump’s transgender military ban, bringing the administration one step closer toward enforcing the hideous policy.
• Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on passage of the Equality Act, which will be introduced in the House next week: “I’m very pleased because we have a great deal of outside support for it, which I hope will help us pass it in the Senate. We most certainly will pass it overwhelmingly in the House.”
• A recently-released biography of Fred Rogers, of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood fame, says that the children’s television icon was bisexual?
• The U.S. Senate voted this week to confirm 36-year-old Allison Jones Rushing to the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, handing the 36-year-old judge a lifetime seat on one of the nation’s top courts. Not only is she now the youngest and least experienced member of the judiciary, she spent a decade working with one of the most virulently anti-gay groups in America.
• Homocon and provocateur Milo Yiannopolous has been banned from entering Australia. #Good
• Bi actress/singer/model Paris Jackson says she doesn’t believe the claims in the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland that her father, Michael Jackson, was a child sex abuser.
• And I close with this fabulously ‘groovy’ clip from the Carol Burnett Show in 1967 with the incomparable, 4-time Tony Award winner, Gwen Verdon.
And that awesome dancer who starts out with the silver horn is my dear friend, Lee Roy Reams 🙂