|(image via Instagram)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: Electric power went down for much of NYC Sunday night, but InstaHunk Jeff Ferreira is getting through the current heat wave. #sweat
• New Yorker: Former Minnesota Sen. Al Franken, one of the early targets of the #MeToo movement, regrets resigning so quickly. “Oh yeah, absolutely.”
• NOLA: The Gretna Police Department has put Officer Charlie Rispoli on administrative leave following Rispoli’s Facebook comment last week that suggested a Democratic congresswoman should be shot. He commented on a story, clearly marked ‘Satire,’ that insinuated AOC had said, “We pay soldiers too much.”
• Friendly Atheist: Christian hate-preacher Steven “Death to the Gays” Anderson of Arizona’s (independent fundamentalist) Faithful Word Baptist Church says he’s now banned from entering Australia. There are now 33 countries that have banned Anderson.
• Talking Points Memo: Vice President Mike Pence will attend a $35,000 per couple fund-raising event in Colorado hosted at a private club owned by two gay men. #quislings
• Broadway: Pop music icon Barry Manilow heads back to Broadway for an exclusive limited engagement July 26 through August 17 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (205 West 46th Street). For ticket information, click HERE.
‘Fanilows’ should expect a non-stop evening of Top 40 Hits from Manilow’s decades-long list of songs ranging from pop, to Broadway, Jazz, and adult contemporary.