Some news items you might have missed:
• I’m not sure if I should caption this photo (above) from InstaHunk Joel Green in Bali “Strike a pose” (Joel) or “What are you looking at?”(his scene partner).
• Just as Colorado has sworn in Jared Polis as the first openly gay governor of a state, the Denver city council voted unanimously on Monday to ban so-called ‘conversion therapy’ for minors.
• Actor Timothée Chalamet has added to his growing reputation as an LGBTQ fan favorite by giving $1,000 to New York’s LGBT Community Center live on the Golden Globes red carpet.
• Thanks to the Trump shutdown, the FDA has stopped most food safety inspections. Feel safer?
• The Coast Guard Support Program has issued a five-page tip sheet on how to financially cope with a long U.S. government shutdown. The suggestions include: consider holding a garage sale, babysitting, dog-walking or serving as a “mystery shopper.”
• North Carolina just lost more revenue thanks to its anti-LGBTQ laws. Netflix has nixed the idea of shooting a new series, titled OBX, in the state. The production is expected to spend $60 million in whatever state Netflix eventually chooses.
• It may be hump day, but chill a bit with the latest single from VanJess, “Another Lover.”
I like the ebb and flow of the song, as well as the video’s visual change-ups from choreography to minimalist trance vibe.