|(image via Instagram)|
Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunk ‘Steve In LA’ wants you to remember to consider adopting from a dog rescue next time you want to expand your furry family. OMG, I want all four!
• The Arizona state government has raised over a million dollars for a notorious anti-LGBTI group, Alliance Defending Freedom, by selling specialty license plates.
• Things got way out of hand last night at popular West Hollywood gay bar, Micky’s, when a patron being escorted out of the establishment turned and stabbed the security guard twice in the back.
• Tennessee state Sen. Joey Hensley, virulently anti-gay and professes “deeply held religious convictions,” has introduced legislation in his state that would allow adoption agencies to discriminate against same-sex couples. Hensley, who has divorced four times (sanctity of marriage my ass), was named in a divorce proceeding in 2017 for sleeping with another man’s wife. #DeeplyHeldReligiousBeliefs
• One of the highest ranking officers in the California National Guard has announced the state won’t discharge transgender soldiers from its ranks even as the Trump administration continues to move its ban on trans military service members.
• The president of Brazil has announced plans to remove all references to homosexuality, feminism, and violence against women from public school textbooks. President Jair Bolsonaro’s campaign for the presidency proudly included anti-LGBTQ policies.
• Laverne Cox was giving you LIFE as she closed the 11 Honore fashion show finale during New York Fashion Week.
The event is a first for 11 Honore as it only featured plus size clothes from designers.
Wearing a gown by Zac Posen, the Orange is the New Black star twirled on the runway, serving up glamour, and clearly having the time of her life. Get it, diva!
What an incredible honor to close @11honore’s first fashion show with these incredible women who represent the size diversity of the women of America. Thank you for existing @11honore and for giving me this incredible honor. …thank you @zacposen for the gown of LIFE!!! #TransIsBeautiful #SizeInclusivity #SizeDiversity … Reposted from @harpersbazaarus – Now this is how you close a fashion show! @11honore set the bar high for the kickoff of #NYFW. @lavernecox – #regrann