Some news items you might have missed:
• America’s Next Top Model & Dancing with the Stars champ Nyle DiMarco is asking Instagram “wyd (what you doing) on Valentines?” #MeMePickMe
• Will & Grace star Sean Hayes is set to receive the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 30th annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles on March 28. The Stephen F. Kolzak prize “is presented to a LGBTQ media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting LGBTQ acceptance.”
• State lawmakers in Tennessee may be targeting the LGBTQ community with discriminatory legislation, but the mayor of Nashville just signed an executive order intended to help LGBTQ-owned businesses.
• Movie star Chris Pratt got called out for attending an anti-gay church. So, of course, Ellen DeGeneres couldn’t wait to invite him on her show tweeting, “Whatever @PrattPrattPratt is selling, I’m buying!”
• Donald Trump, the first president in modern times to not have a dog, says he would feel “a little phony” having a dog. With all the lies he tells on a daily basis, having a DOG would make him phony? I’ve always felt if someone doesn’t like dogs, I probably wouldn’t like them.
• Lots of folks come to together to make dance/pop bop, “So Close,” a lively, infectious track.
With Swedish producers NOTD, German DJ Felix Jaehn and vocalist Georgia Ku onboard, plus California remixers Captain Cuts, the resulting collaboration makes for upbeat ear candy. That chorus definitely has some melodic, catchy DNA.
I like the music video, although the camera work gets a bit kinetic for me. Check it out.