Some news stories you may have missed:
• Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne covers OUT and discusses his role as transgender pioneer Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl.
• Former Texas governor and GOP presidential hopeful has had to stop paying his campaign staff due to lack of funds.
• Former President Jimmy Carter revealed today that he has cancer.
• Folks are petitioning Proctor & Gamble to run their cute, award-winning gay couple Tide detergent commercial in the US.
• New poll shows Trump lost a bit of ground in Iowa after last week’s debate; Jeb Bush dropped from 3rd to 7th; Marco Rubio jumps from 8th to 3rd in the early election state.
• The governor of Puerto Rico has issued executive orders banning discrimination against transgenders regarding emergency room treatment and drivers licenses.
• The homophobe who attacked two West Point graduates in New York City (and got his ass kicked) has been arrested and charged with assault as a hate crime and attempted assault as a hate crime. That’ll learn him.
• Openly gay Cuban-American poet Richard Blanco (the first openly gay poet to speak at a presidential inauguration) has been invited to read a new work at the opening of the U.S. Embassy in Havana.