Some news items you may have missed:
• Woofy, shirtless, straight ally Ben Cohen tweets from the gym (above). #Grrrr
• Hundreds gathered outside the Russian embassy in London to protest on behalf of Chechen gays after weeks of reports indicating Chechnya has rounded up over 100 gay men in “concentration camps.”
• According to The Guardian, investigators looking into connections between the Trump campaign and Russia now have specific concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion,” the source said. “This is between people in the Trump campaign and agents of [Russian] influence relating to the use of hacked material.”
• The doctor who was forcibly dragged off a United Airlines flight apparently suffered a concussion, loss of two front teeth and a broken nose. #TheFriendlySkies?
• Trump supporter Jeffrey Lord calls President Trump “the Martin Luther King of health care.” Hmm, vagina grabbing president compared to humanitarian…
• Two “Jean Val Jeans” – Ramin Karimloo (currently in previews on Broadway for Anastasia) shares this awesome moment from a few years ago when the original star of Les Miserables, Colm Wilkinson, joined him in an encore of “Bring Him Home.” Ramin’s voice just kills – and how beautiful that he steps back to give Colm the last note.
A #tbt to probably my favorite night of my career, I must say. Performing with a legend, a hero and a friend. Colm Wilkinson, who for one night stepped in as the Bishop, in the Toronto production. Yes I was choked up even before the song began in this special encore and yes, I had to walk away at the end as Colm will always be the actor to finish this prayer. It’s his. I’m forever grateful for what this man has inspired in me and let’s be honest … many in this industry. #colmwilkinson @lesmizofficial