A new McClatchy-Marist Poll shows opinions towards the LGBT community continue to change for the better at an exponential rate.
From the new poll:
• Adults as a whole support marriage equality 54-38 percent
• Young adults 18-29 favor same-sex marriage by 75-18 percent
• Adults 30-44 favor same-sex marriage 55-38 percent
• Adults 45-59 favor same-sex marriage 49-40
• 71 percent of American adults say they know someone who’s gay. In 1999, a Pew poll showed that 60 percent of Americans said they didn’t know anyone who was gay.
• 48 percent said they wouldn’t be upset if one of their children told them they were gay.
I wonder what Brian Brown of the National Organization for Marriage will think of these results?
Happy Friday, Brian!