MSNBC Pulls Plug On “Live With Thomas Roberts”

Sad to hear that out news anchor Thomas Roberts shared via Facebook that his afternoon show “Live with Thomas Roberts” on MSNBC has been cancelled.

Friends,

I wanted you to hear directly from me…it is true I won’t be keeping my current show weekdays on MSNBC. My last show was Thursday.

My colleagues are incredible people…and I am so proud of our team and our accomplishments. It is always a special blessing when co-workers become close friends and family. We achieved that bond and our hard work was recently honored by winning an Emmy in 2016 for Breaking News coverage of last year’s Supreme Court decision on Marriage Equality. I can’t thank my colleagues enough for years of their dedication to me and our show.

Also, a BIG thanks to the viewers who’ve been supporters of our coverage at MSNBC. Hearing from you (whether positive or negative) is always an important thing for me.
So what’s next? Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I am going to be spending the holidays with my husband and family.
From our family to yours…

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy New Year,

-Thomas

In truth, that particular time slot has been very difficult for the news network to find solid footing.

For the past few years many hosts and anchors have shifted around as MSNBC tried to figure out how to program the middle of the afternoon.

Roberts took over the two-hour show last year replacing the low-rated “Ronan Farrow Daily,” which, in my opinion, never worked.

The New York Post reports that Roberts will continue with MSNBC in a new role, while the network will rotate several of their on-staff anchors in the time slot.

Is Donald Trump Paying For Positive Coverage At Breitbart?

According to Buzzfeed writer McKay Coppins, Donald Trump’s campaign may have some sort of “financial arrangement” to influence the tone of coverage on the conservative website Breitbart:

According to four sources with knowledge of the situation, editors and writers at the outlet have privately complained since at least last year that the company’s top management was allowing Trump to turn Breitbart into his own fan website — using it to hype his political prospects and attack his enemies.

One current editor called the water-carrying “despicable” and “embarrassing,” and said he was told by an executive last year that the company had a financial arrangement with Trump.

A second Breitbart staffer said he had heard a similar description of the site’s relationship with the billionaire but didn’t know the details; and a third source at the company said he knew of several instances when managers had overruled editors at Trump’s behest.

Additionally, a conservative communications operative who works closely with Breitbart described conversations in which “multiple writers and editors” said Trump was paying for the ability to shape coverage, and added that one staffer claimed to have seen documentation of the “pay for play.”

All four sources spoke on condition of anonymity so as not to jeopardize their jobs; and none knew exactly how Trump’s alleged arrangement with the privately held company worked.

Breitbart’s executive chair Steve Bannon denied the allegations.