A gay American with monkeypox symptoms while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta was reportedly told to isolate. Instead, he fled the hospital and flew to Texas. Continue reading “American With Monkeypox Fled Puerto Vallarta For US”
Mantamar Beach Club, which is my favorite place to spend my days when visiting Puerto Vallarta, was fined after a video clip of two men getting busy in an elevated see-through pool went viral.
The adults-only resort, which is predominantly a gay destination but very straight-friendly, had to pay a fine of 22,179.60 pesos — the equivalent of just over a thousand US dollars, according to the Mazatlan Post. Local ordinances prohibit sexual activity in private places that are visible to the public.
I’ve been there many, many times and never seen out-and-out sex in the pool but there’s always a first. I’m of a mind that the beach club shouldn’t have been fined for guests poor behavior. The guests should have been the ones to suffer the consequences.
If you’ve seen headlines about this incident, don’t let it dissuade you from going. It’s the best beach club in PV – great food, great views, great service.
Some news item you might have missed:
• Out singer/songwriter and American Idol alum David Hernandez found my favorite place in Puerto Vallarta – Mantamar Beach Club. If you look behind him in the lower right hand corner, you can see the cabanas hot hubby Michael and I always spend our days in 🙂
• File this under ‘Birds of a feather…’ One of the co-founders of Students For Trump has been arrested for pretending to be a Manhattan lawyer and taking thousands from would-be clients.
• Five states – California, New Mexico, Oregon, Nevada, and Washington – have announced they will refuse to impose Donald Trump’s trans military ban and therefore not remove trans people from their National Guards.
• Donald Trump says his administration is “fighting all the subpoenas” claiming the Democrats are hoping to “luck out” by going after him. If you’re innocent, why hide anything?
“We’re fighting all the subpoenas,” Pres. Trump says, saying Democrats are trying to “luck out” in 2020 by “constantly going after me on nonsense.” https://t.co/WFGygHVmLA pic.twitter.com/IbOTtySbaz
— ABC News (@ABC) April 24, 2019
• Former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was told not to bring up any concerns about Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election in front of Donald Trump because he “equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory.”
• Fox’s Empire will feature the first black gay wedding on network television; and it may be Jussie Smollett’s last episode.
• Today is True Colors Day – launched by Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors United organization in an effort to raise public awareness about LGBTQ youth homelessness, and to provide supporters with simple ways to make a difference.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people are 120% more likely to experience homelessness than non-LGBTQ youth. While many factors contribute to LGBTQ youth homelessness, identity-based family rejection is the most commonly cited reason.
The cast of FX’s Pose sat down to make this video for True Colors Day about how we can change our culture to one of love and acceptance.
|“Gay soup” at Mantamar Beach Club in Puerto Vallarta|
Special thanks to all you shiny, happy Randy Report readers as I spend a few days celebrating hot hubby’s birthday in Puerto Vallarta.
I know my posts have been on the light side with beach activities, so much thanks for sticking with me!
Spending my days at Mantamar Beach Club (“Randy Report South”).
Last night was invited to the most spectacular views at a friend’s condo home. Check out these sunset views. Stupid awesome…