Sydney will enter a hard two-week lockdown on Saturday night local time as authorities try to contain a fast-spreading outbreak of the highly infectious Delta coronavirus variant in Australia’s largest city, the state leader said.
More than a million people in downtown Sydney and the city’s eastern suburbs were already under lockdown due to the outbreak, but health authorities said they needed to expand that after more Covid-19 cases were recorded, with exposure sites increasing beyond the initial areas of concern.
The curbs on Sydney, home to more than 5 million people, are the latest in a streak of short but hard lockdowns that have been imposed in Australia’s cities in recent months to fight small outbreaks of the coronavirus.
There were 38 cases of different COVID-19 variants reported by late Sunday, the first time in months that so many different regions in Australia had reported new infections on the same day.
The government has received criticism for a slow rollout of COVID vaccinations. According to government statistics, only about 1.4 million full vaccinations have been administered in the country of 25 million people.
Sydney, Australia's largest city, entered a hard two-week Covid-19 lockdown on Saturday as authorities struggle to control a fast-spreading outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant. https://t.co/067104ESaQ
• Out Magazine: The author of Brokeback Mountain says she wishes she’d never written the story because so many people now pen fan fiction based on the characters attempting to give ‘Ennis’ and ‘Jack’ a happy ending.
• Acadiana Advocate: Nineteen-year-old Holden White is lucky to have survived a Grindr date gone horribly wrong during which he was strangled, stabbed, hit in the head, and nearly had his hands sawed off.
• BosGuy: The new year is here and so is the 2021 Warwick Rowers calendar (below).
• Associated Press: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has ordered a new 6-week lockdown for England in an attempt to get the new quickly spreading variant of the coronavirus under control. Under the new rules, schools and colleges will be closed for face to face learning except for the children of key workers and vulnerable pupils; all nonessential services like hairdressers will be closed, and restaurants can only operate takeout services.
• KFOR News: An Oklahoma City gar bar has been vandalized with food two nights in a row.
• Right Wing Watch: Lin Wood, an attorney who has partnered with leaders of the “Stop the Steal” movement and has called on Trump to declare martial law and use the military to oversee a new election, charged on Twitter in the early hours of Monday morning, “I believe Chief Justice John Roberts & a multitude of powerful individuals worldwide are being blackmailed in a horrendous scheme involving rape & murder of children captured on videotape.”
I believe Chief Justice John Roberts & a multitude of powerful individuals worldwide are being blackmailed in a horrendous scheme involving rape & murder of children captured on videotape.
I have the key to the files containing the videos. I have also shared this information.
Acknowledging the effort hasn’t been easy, Bloomer says the results kept him motivated. And an added bonus: “I don’t hate the attention either.”
The 29-year-old adds that he feels “better than I have in possibly my entire life.”
Bloomer also shares that he’s struggled with the way he looks for some time because being overweight is “so stigmatized, especially in the gay community.”
He underscores in his message that he believes “there is no right body type – whatever makes you happy, and has you feeling good, is the right answer for you.”
He closes his post saying he’s excited for his next 90 days of progress and ‘apologizes’ for “being a thot on the internet.”
On Twitter, he shared the before/after pics saying he hesitated posting them because he’s still “not totally comfortable” in his own skin, BUT he deservedly felt a bit of pride in hitting the 90-day mark of his current fitness journey, “So idgaf.”
The Twitterverse, by the way, is totally comfortable with Bloomer sharing his journey.
I hesitated posting this because I’m still not totally comfortable in my own skin. I know my body is far from what we are taught we should look like, especially in the gay community, BUT today marks 90 days since I decided to start getting healthy and I’m proud, so idgaf 🥳🥺🥰 pic.twitter.com/z928KB6Bzn
Inspiring, love that your accepting yourself wether or not you feel more attractive now know that the man in both those pictures is beautiful on the outside and inside loving your skin is beautiful as are you 👑